Sub-90 Minutes for the Half Marathon (2011) (Read 6744 times)

L Train

Thanks for all your support. 1.29.47 chip time, 1.29.53 gun time. 12th lady. Race report to follow later. Little bit overwhelmed right now.

Yes!

MoBramExam

Way to go!

Great stuff, Mandy!!  Congratulations!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I was ecstatic - but Rotorua have just reissued the results adding 2 mins to everyone.  Stupid as at the start I'd have been really happy with 1.32.58 but now I'm completely gutted.  So much so I feel really physically sick.

I'm ready to quit this sport.

I know, right?

Turbolegs

Exciting stuff Mandy !! Cant wait to ready you RR. Congratulations once again !

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

I know, right?

:-) I know. It took me 2 whole days to get over that which is quite a lot for me!
                Thanks for all your support. 1.29.47 chip time, 1.29.53 gun time. 12th lady. Race report to follow later. Little bit overwhelmed right now.

Congrats.  It was all that hard work you've been putting in. 

Love it. I've said this elsewhere....but congrats again!! Smile

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Great work Mandy. Revel in your success and recover quickly. 

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

SMART Approach

I kknew you could do it. Congrats!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Right on! Well done.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

I made a curious correlation tonight while I was doing my weekly track workout-  The lap time in seconds in which you can do 20 x 400 repeats is the about the same as you can run a half marathon in minutes.  

Someone may have noticed this correlation before and named it, but to honor Bart Yasso, I'll name it the Gopher Hundreds for now. AKA Go-Four-Hundreds.  Ok, dumb.

But for real-   of those in this thread running sub-90 min half marathons, what do you run your high quantity 400 repeats in?

For example, I can usually run 12-20 x 400 in about 83-85 each...and my half marathon PR is 1:23 (83).   When I was trying to break 1:30 a few years ago, my 400 time was closer to 90 seconds.   What about you?

xor

Ha.  Like Yasso 800s!

I couldn't tell you... (well, and I'm more of the 92 minute guy at the moment)... I don't speak "400s" except in a ladder to/from bigger stuff.  Never done a mega-bunch of 400s.  Will it make me puke?

Ha.  Like Yasso 800s!

I couldn't tell you... (well, and I'm more of the 92 minute guy at the moment)... I don't speak "400s" except in a ladder to/from bigger stuff.  Never done a mega-bunch of 400s.  Will it make me puke?

Only if you do them right by taking 100m rest between each.

I made a curious correlation tonight while I was doing my weekly track workout-  The lap time in seconds in which you can do 20 x 400 repeats is the about the same as you can run a half marathon in minutes.  

Someone may have noticed this correlation before and named it, but to honor Bart Yasso, I'll name it the Gopher Hundreds for now. AKA Go-Four-Hundreds.  Ok, dumb.

But for real-   of those in this thread running sub-90 min half marathons, what do you run your high quantity 400 repeats in?

For example, I can usually run 12-20 x 400 in about 83-85 each...and my half marathon PR is 1:23 (83).   When I was trying to break 1:30 a few years ago, my 400 time was closer to 90 seconds.   What about you?

I guess it depends on how close I am to the race.

The only time I've heard about 20 x 400 repeats (100m rests), the 400s are at 10k effort.

When I'm turning 90s quarters, held back by only fat or fear, it's going to be 8+ weeks out from the goal HM and as a set up for more race-pace specific workouts. 

I should be honest and say that all of the above is not based on my experience, but still, it's on pretty good authority.