Girl Scout Cookies (Read 790 times)

an amazing likeness

Girl Scout cookies arrived today. I was disappointed to see that the serving size on the Thin Mints is 4 cookies and not "1 full sleeve' as any reasonable person would expect. For the next week, I'll be tracking cookies in my running log, not miles. mta: looks like they'll be gone by sundown tomorrow.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Girl Scout cookies arrived today. I was disappointed to see that the serving size on the Thin Mints is not "1 full sleeve'. For the next week, I'll be tracking cookies in my running log, not miles.
      My daughter dumped about 12 boxes on us over the weekend ... then today I helped one of my co-workers carry two boxes into the office ... Thin Mints are a fantastic cookie

2012= under-goaled

Kenotic Runner

Good thing I'm running again. I had a box of Thin Mints last night.
          Girl Scout cookies arrived today. I was disappointed to see that the serving size on the Thin Mints is 4 cookies and not "1 full sleeve' as any reasonable person would expect. For the next week, I'll be tracking cookies in my running log, not miles. mta: looks like they'll be gone by sundown tomorrow.
          Glad to know I'm not the only one who has "done a line" of thin mints.
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

MilkTruck, you may see my daughter out delivering cookies! She sold a lot in our neighborhood and on North Road. We have a bunch of boxes in my car right now. The Girl Scout leader said that every year, dads order boxes without telling their wives, and then pick up the order on the sly! Shocked Hey, I ran on Mountfort Road and Ledge Road today. It was wonderful! I love those roads (well, except for the blind curves on Ledge). It was a relief that the hills didn't kill me, since I've been on the Y's indoor track for about a month and a half now.

Queen of 3rd Place

Four? FOUR???!!?? Who can eat *4* thin mints? Damn food police.

Ex runner

I've teamed up with others in my community to stop the distribution of these vile treats. Big grin In past years, I've spent around $30+ on girl scout cookies per year. This year, I limited myself to one box of thin mints, which I plan on giving away.

Vim

Top 'O the World!

Slacker! I spend $25/girl/yr = min 4-6 young ladies selling in MY neighborhood+ workplace daughters! Dead
                  Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                    I love me some girl scout cookies.....Thin mints, Peanut Butter (Do Si Dos?).
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Top 'O the World!

chunky peanut butter ON the frozen thin mint cookies! Evil grin
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                        For the past two years I have been steadfastily intent on NOT buying a single box of cookies from those devil girls. But now that I'm pregnant, I think this might just be the excuse I've been waiting for!! Hehehehe - I'll make sure I actually carry some cash on me in the next few weeks "just in case" I get bombarded by them outside of the stores Evil grin yay!!! Bring on the thin mints and the samoas!
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

When a person arrives in the Emergency Department in hypoglycemic shock, we rescue them by giving a huge shot of glucose. They can go from near-dead appearing to full of life. That is a load of sugar. Same number of calories in the shot as in 2 thin mints. Just sayin.
                          mikeymike

At one count a few weeks ago I had 700 boxes of girl scout cookies on my dining room table.

Runners run

Trent, thanks for confirming cookies=medicine.

Certifiably Insane

At one count a few weeks ago I had 700 boxes of girl scout cookies on my dining room table.
                                Are those all yours, distributing them to co-workers that bought them, or are you a delivery clearinghouse for a Girl Scout troop? Just curious. You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Big grin (I haven't checked my phone book. Is there such a thing as Girl Scout Cookies Anonymous? My name is John, and I'm an addict.) MTA: My favorite was the peanut butter ones. I'm kind of glad I'm allergic to peanuts now. Makes it easy to stay away from them!
                                On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30