Girl Scout Cookies (Read 790 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Qdoba? Tasty? Qdoba "food" has NO flavor. Dead But it does have calories.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This actually SLIGHTLY turns me off to thin mints... Can you compare something like this to Qdoba burritos also?
      To answer this question, we use Qdoba "burritos" to euthanize people.

Imminent Catastrophe

Qdoba? Tasty? Qdoba "food" has NO flavor. Dead
        This is why we have hot sauce

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Next you'll be saying that Panera "bread" isn't really food.

Amy

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Next you'll be saying that Panera "bread" isn't really food.
            +1

A Saucy Wench

"Ok ok ok.... so what if I ordered JUST a tortilla....? 330 calories?! 8 g of fat?!"
              It is amazing isnt it. how many extra calories restaurants can manage to cram into food. Seriously I would have to work HARD to make food that caloric at home. "hmmmm maybe if I have a syringe of oil I can inject a gram of fat in to each bean" I'll never forget having a top local chef tell me how they made the mashed potatoes so creamy. I never understood why my mashed potatoes at home were like 150 cals and the restaurant ones were like 800. Even butter couldnt do that. I tried once for giggles to put 800 calories of cream and butter in my mashed p's at home and couldnt do it. I ended up with potato bisque Oh. She boiled the potatoes. Drain. Mash lightly. Spread on a cookie sheet and place in a hot oven to bake off any remaining water. (wait...did she just make instant mashed potatoes the hard way?) Replace all that water that was baked off with heavy cream. And a little more heavy cream. And butter. Apparently you can get "more than twice the cream in that way!!!!!!" Dead They were the best mashed potatoes I ever had though.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

an amazing likeness

Topic people. Topic. Never one of our strong points here at RA, but let's stay focused...cookies (or pie). We need reports on number of miles logged versus number of Girl Scout cookies eaten. For thin mints, I've been using 3 cookies per mile, so my 6.5 miles yesterday was good for just a tad over 18 cookies. I ate about 147 thin mints yesterday, so slight deficit problem there. For the ever evil Carmel deLites it is a feeble 1.2 cookies per mile and these little gooey devils are permeating the office starting this morning...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

, but let's stay focused...cookies (or pie). We need reports on number of miles logged versus number of Girl Scout cookies eaten. For thin mints, I've been using 3 cookies per mile, so my 6.5 miles yesterday was good for just a tad over 18 cookies. I ate about 147 thin mints yesterday, so slight deficit problem there.
                  problem solved ... just SLOW DOWN when you are loggin the Thin Mints Eat lots of Thin Mints ... sometimes fast ... mostly slow

2012= under-goaled

Are Carmel Delites and Samoas the same thing?
                      Yep. Samoans sounds better. Confused about all the base and insensitive terms related to cookies and other sweets.

Vim

mikeymike

Uh oh.

Runners run

My top 3 Girl Scout Cookie Picks 1. Carmel Delights 2. Lemonade ones 3. Putter Butter Sandwiches

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Uh oh.
                            IIRC Mikey is a bit of a connoisseur...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mikeymike

IIRC Mikey is a bit of a connoisseur...
                              On the contrary, I got all kinds of fire and brimstone rained on my head once on this board for saying that Carmel deLites and Samoas were the same thing.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

On the contrary, I got all kinds of fire and brimstone rained on my head once on this board for saying that Carmel deLites and Samoas were the same thing.
                                Isn't the primary difference that one has milk chocolate and the other dark...? Or something to that effect.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay