Crocs...why? (Read 896 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, I don't get the Crocs love. People have been raving about them for the last couple of years and since I needed something to wear on my feet in the house (being barefoot is irritating my PF/arch issues further) I had hubby pick me up a pair. I had always thought that they would make my feet sweaty and uncomfortably hot--I was right. I think I might have DH return them. I'm not particularly fond of how they feel. I'm not sure they offer any support, either. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

We have a pair for my two-year old son. Adorable! But there's just not enough support there for a grown-up IMHO. Did you get your Keens yet?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Ok, I don't get the Crocs love. People have been raving about them for the last couple of years and since I needed something to wear on my feet in the house (being barefoot is irritating my PF/arch issues further) I had hubby pick me up a pair. I had always thought that they would make my feet sweaty and uncomfortably hot--I was right. I think I might have DH return them. I'm not particularly fond of how they feel. I'm not sure they offer any support, either. k
        My aunt just bought me some. They are not the prettiest things in my closet, but, I like them for when I'm just taking out the trash, or going outside to water the plants. I wore them to the grocery store the other day and my daughter couldn't stop laughing at my feet. I won't do that again. They'll be good to bring camping! Big grin

Michelle

I have a pair of Crocs sandals, and I love them. They do feel a bit like boats, but they are cute with jeans, and really comfortable.
          Eryn

Love Love Love my crocs. I wore them all day long (standing sometimes 12+ hr days) during my surgery rotation last summer ans still love them. You can try wearing light socks with them if your feet are sweating. Or try the pink ones, they are just too cute, your feet won't want to sweat. Wink

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Or try the pink ones, they are just too cute, your feet won't want to sweat. Wink
              Tell my feet that...ick, my feet were slipping all around in those things. I think I'm gonna have hubby return them. For $30 I could probably find a nice cheap sandal of some other sort to wear in the house and with better support and ventilation. Jeff, the Keens should be here today! I am excited! I hope they are as comfy and durable as they look. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Sorry Zoomy, must disagree. LOVE my crocs, although mine are more like flip-flops than the more traditional clog style that seems to be most pervasive.
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Jeff, the Keens should be here today! I am excited! I hope they are as comfy and durable as they look.
                  ZZ, Be sure to post a review cuz I'm going sandal shopping soon, and it's on between the Keen and the Teva Wraptor!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I'm an ugly shoe hoar. Tongue Actually, I have way too many pairs of shoes in general. I have at least 5 pairs of keens and for Christmas graduated to the crocs and never wear my keens anymore. But I also have a high heel fettish and the higher the better(despite the fact I'm already 5'8"). FOr the last several months of training, I've limited my heel wearing to only one day a week and that's usually to church and back. kirsten, I wear crocs with thick socks...around the house. As soon as I shower after a run, I put on my socks and crocs. I was having all kinds of problems with my feet...feeling like I had rocks between my toes in the balls of my feet, painful shocking sensations, numb toes, sore feet all the time. I'm sure it was the combination of better fitting running shoes and croc therapy.

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm an ugly shoe hoar.
                      Do you have any Danskos, yet? Now THOSE are some heavenly fugly shoes. I am sure I will love the Keens, too. I honestly think that the uglier a shoe is, the better I (and my feet) will like it. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Do you have any Danskos, yet? Now THOSE are some heavenly fugly shoes. I am sure I will love the Keens, too. I honestly think that the uglier a shoe is, the better I (and my feet) will like it. Smile k
                        yes, I have 5 pair of Dansko. One is a pair of sandals that I've never worn. I don't believe in cheap shoes.

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't believe in cheap shoes.
                          Me neither. I'd rather have 1 pair of $100 shoes than 3 pair of $33. They will last longer, anyhow...and my wearings will be happier. And I just got my Keens...OMG, these things are like heaven on my feet! They are a hair long (I normally wear a 7.5-8, but ordered 8.5 since I have heard they run small and I have wide feet). They fit maybe just a teeny bit long, but the width is perfect and they feel SO good on! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Love Love Love my crocs. I wore them all day long (standing sometimes 12+ hr days) during my surgery rotation last summer ans still love them. You can try wearing light socks with them if your feet are sweating. Or try the pink ones, they are just too cute, your feet won't want to sweat. Wink
                            Hey, my mom went to high school in Lakewood! I figure they must be super comfortable because the crocs are super ugly! Maybe I will try a pair for my surgery rotation starting next week! Better than retired running shoes?
                            Jill_B

I fly.

I have really skinny ankles and I look lilke Minnie Mouse if I try to wear them. My 2 1/2 year old loves his though. But then he's 2 1/2.

Bring it on.

Eryn

Hey, my mom went to high school in Lakewood! I figure they must be super comfortable because the crocs are super ugly! Maybe I will try a pair for my surgery rotation starting next week! Better than retired running shoes?
                                Green Mountain, or Lakewood HS? I run at the GM track all the time. My biggest HS marching band rival!! I liked the crocs better than any other shoes for surgery. I also needed something bright pink to get me though the machismo of the OR... and I think it worked. At least I passed and didn't spend quite every day crying (I won't be going into a surgical specialty, not for me, but you may like it-- don't let me discourage you!) I tried my danskos, but those were no bueno. Ouch ouch ouch. I love those for any other rotation, but not surgery. Running shoes were my 2nd fav for surgery. Best of luck!!

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.