Anyone heard from Nobby? (Read 676 times)

Certifiably Insane

Unless I've missed it, he hasn't posted for quite awhile. Not since he was sick last month. I hope he's doing OK.
    On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30

Half Fanatic #846

I hope he's doing OK.
      Me too! (His log shows a 30K bike ride today... Smile)

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Geoff Means

He's here

Certifiably Insane

Thanks, guys! I'm glad he's doing OK. I never thought to check his log...duh! I'm going to ask the owners of this board if there's a way they can add a feature that will show the recent postings of whoever you pick. I think it would make it a lot easier to find someone or someone's post. Sometimes I post in so many threads that I can't keep track of them all. If I could bring up my most recent, say ten postings, I wouldn't get so lost.
          On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30
            Unless I've missed it, he hasn't posted for quite awhile. Not since he was sick last month. I hope he's doing OK.
            Runnerjohn: Thanks for worrying about me! I usually don't check this section (I'm a 101 kinda guy...); I thought about commenting on that thread Bugs started but that has comfortably moved on to more productive topic so I left it alone... Besides, I was so bummed that he nurse Ginger didn't get to come visit that I thought about leaving RA site... (;o)) I was back in Japan for a little over a week for spring vacation with my family and, believe it or not, at the land of high-tech, it's difficult to get internet service! Actually, I'm still under the weather--I had not been this sick for the longest time; this one hit me real hard. I still barely make it with about 30-minute of jog/walk and still coughing! I still managed to do something while in Japan but that was more walking than running (that's why, Denise, I didn't ask your hubby to come out and get together with me for a nice jog around the Imperial Palace while in Tokyo--he must be on his way back by now???). With me still being sick and kinda busy with my own work with Lydiard Foundation, I kinda slackened visitng this forum. I'm actually a bit embarrassed with that particular post about that sore ankle--I guess that was a dark side of me. But, to be honest with you, c'mon, use your common sense! That comment was way too letsrun-ish. God gave us some brain--we'd better use it a bit. "Would my ankle be sore next Monday?" What the hell kind of question is that? That's a trap of internet; you think THE answer is in world wide web. It's not the place where some total stranger would spoon-feed the answer. It's where you search your own answer fom lots of other people's expriences. Some use google to expand knowledge. Some cheat and look for a shortcut and seek answer on the first site he/she visits. It's your choice which one you'll be. But seriously, thanks, you too Bugs, for being concerned for me. Yes, I'm still feeling a bit sick but I think Bugs kinda got this out of proportion. At least I'm not at the dead bed (unfortunately...!). ;o)

Certifiably Insane

It's nice to hear from you, Nobby! Smile I was missing reading your posts, but I must have been looking in the wrong places. It never occurred to me to check your log. I'm sorry you're not back in good health yet. I hope you were still able to enjoy your trip. I don't like getting sick any time during the year, but it gets very aggravating when it's something that just won't go away! Yes, I agree. I have seen a number of threads lately that have gone off in 'unproductive' directions. But, I may be as much to blame as anyone else. Embarrassed My son makes the same mistake about the internet sometimes. When he looks something up, he tends to go with the first site he finds. He forgets that there is as much crap as there is good information. I don't think I read the sore ankle thread. I must have bypassed it in favor of other ones. Thanks, Nobby. I hope you're feeling better soon!
                Yeah, but how do you check my log when I don't keep it here? ;o) Well, either way, it hit badly anyways. The trip itself was great! As (almost) always, it was a good time to go to Japan for cherry blossom. Here's one that I actually took myself: Well... I guess this is as non-productive (running-wise) as can be too! Sorry, folks!