Chaffing (Read 736 times)

Anything out there besides Bodyglide to prevent chaffing?
    2009 Goals (nobody laugh) Run 800 miles or more Run 12 or more 5ks Run 2 10ks Get 5k times in 25's Run a 3 miler in 24:29 or less Run in HM in October
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I prefer SportShield roll-on. I am still on my first bottle...bought last Summer, I believe. About the same price as BG, but lasts much longer and works far better, IMO.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

...and is slightly less stinky.

Oh Mighty Wing

only a thick skin will protect you from chaffing. However, I've heard that Vaseline works well for chafing, although it can be messy. I'm assuming it's your thighs? You might want to consider compression shorts. You can always wear regular shorts/pants over top of them if you are uncomfortable in them alone.
            http://www.eucerinus.com/products/hb_aho.html Aquaphor Healing Ointment -- used it for my kids "rashes" ... stuff works great ... hangs tough through sweat and lasts for long runs.

2012= under-goaled

mikeymike

only a thick skin will protect you from chaffing.
              Bravo! Well played.

Runners run

Man in Tights

Tights

Imminent Catastrophe

Tights
                  Yes, but that would never do in a warm, humid climate...right? Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

aquafor +1
                    xor

aquafor +1
                      Why, I do believe that would be aquafiv

Man in Tights

Yes, but that would never do in a warm, humid climate...right? Wink
                        Hey good to hear from you. But seriously I wear them more to keep my knees together.
                          Thanks for the answers
                          2009 Goals (nobody laugh) Run 800 miles or more Run 12 or more 5ks Run 2 10ks Get 5k times in 25's Run a 3 miler in 24:29 or less Run in HM in October