Finally broke 6 miles (Read 948 times)

Finally broke 6 miles today. Did it in 44:20. I actually ran my last two miles faster than the other four after I got a second wind and just rode that home. I am so high on endorphins right now.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Wow, that's really fast - averaging a 7:24 mile! Shocked Congrats!

Roads were made for journeys...

I actually ran my last two miles faster than the other four after I got a second wind and just rode that home.
        So I guess it means that if you kept your pace you could have gone a couple more miles, right? Big grin Congratulations! Ewa
        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
          Probably. Smile But my calves were already straining pretty badly at the end. I'm going to the gym tomorrow, so I didn't want to completely kill them.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Runner's high is awesome! WTG! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

Finally broke 6 miles today. Did it in 44:20... I am so high on endorphins right now.
              I ran 6 miles for the first time this past Saturday, so I know how you feel. It took me 1 hr 12 min (you are really fast!), but I was feeling incredible afterwards. That evening, at dinner, I jokingly told my two teenage kids - "Kids, I got high today." (They had never heard of enorphins or a runners high.). Anyway, I hope this was not a one time thing, for I want that feeling again, and will try to get high again this Saturday. Big grin

Finished!

Yay! And at such a speed too Smile you sure are speedy!
                Walk + Jog = wog.
                I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry