PF Chang's RNR Arizona (Read 878 times)

Maniac

Anyone running the Full or 1/2 Marathon out here in Phoenix this weekend? I'm all set for the half....Well, sort of set anyway....May not be my best, but it'll go okay, I'm sure. Weather looks like it will be lovely...Perhaps a bit warm, though.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I will be doing the half as well. Not really set (completely undertrained for this one), but I'm running it the same.

Chris
      PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

I'll be there running the full. The weather looks pretty good to me. It should be around 50 at race start with very low humidity.

Res firma mitescere nescit
        Running in Tampa

Imminent Catastrophe

The half. REALLY undertrained, even for the half. Ugh. Should be a nice day though and with the NFC Championship in town it should be a party atmosphere.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Maniac

NFC Championship, PF Chang's, Barrett-Jackson Auto Show/Auction.....Crazy weekend here in the Valley of the Sun. Weather looks awesome...Just hope it isn't too warm with the sun in our faces the whole way.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Stay healthy

JayMF

I'll be running the full mary. It'll be my first, so it should be pretty interesting. Big grin
              giddy-yup

In for the full. And here's a link to a cool race band spreadsheet for this race I found at another forum, and the author's comments: "...the link to my "Pacing & Info" spreadsheet for the Rock 'n Roll Arizona Marathon:http://www.box.net/shared/8mm9r7g6ln lt has a detailed map of the course and will generate custom pace bands based your goal time. It also adjusts the pace settings to account for an even effort or even pace, a slow start, and a "fade" towards the end of the race. For spectators, it predicts the time of day you will be passing each mile marker and shows all the train stations for the Metro light rail system." Good luck everybody. MTA: fixed the link address.
                missy1102

i'm also in for the full. unfortunately, i have to be in CA until 6pm for a funeral so this one will have to be winged.
                  celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I'll be running the full mary. It'll be my first, so it should be pretty interesting. Big grin
                    Good Luck!! MTA-- do any locals have suggestions on parking, etc. I'm from Philly and will be heading to the race from Scottsdale (where I am staying the night before). Suggestions of food places in the area are also welcome, as I'll probably want to grab a meal before heading to my hotel in Phoenix for that night.

Chris

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Maniac

Honestly, the parking at Sun Devil Stadium (finish line) has always worked fine for me. Get there early enough and catch a shuttle ride to the start line. Run back to your car. Piece of cake. The light rail is also running now, but it's stops are a 1/2 mile from the finish and (more troubling perhaps) a mile from the start. You can always park at one of the stops and use the light rail. I'm not much of an expert on food unfortunately. I eat a lot of chain stuff and you don't want to do that. There are tons of great places to eat in Scottsdale and Tempe. So if you are coming from Philly are you rooting for the Eagles while you are here? Going to try and find a Sports Bar after the race?

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Stay healthy

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

So if you are coming from Philly are you rooting for the Eagles while you are here? Going to try and find a Sports Bar after the race?
                        Sadly I'm a Giants fan, so the Eagles booted me out last week. I'm probably going to find a sports bar and cheer for the Cardinals.

Chris

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Maniac

Sadly I'm a Giants fan, so the Eagles booted me out last week. I'm probably going to find a sports bar and cheer for the Cardinals.
                          Your support is greatly appreciated.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Stay healthy

I'm coming out there to run the half, azredbirds052. I'm not really trained like I want to be, but I'll be alright I think. Can you pick me up at the airport at 7:15pm? I need a ride.

Maniac

Sure. I'll see you there. But I thought it was 7:30?

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Stay healthy

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm out. After the Cards won the flights all filled up. That was pretty inconsiderate of them. Any DW is sick so it was iffy anyway.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016