Furry Friends (Read 2755 times)

BTW, what kind of snake is that? That's really pretty coloring--I have never seen a lavender snake! Snakes are neat, though I don't know if I could deal with a pet that I had to feed live food to... Smile k
    snakey...that's his name, see how creative we are? anyway, snakey is a California albino kingsnake. We've had him about 5 years.

Jennifer mm#1231

Whats your mouse's name? Or did he not make it much past, oh, 3 days of age?
      LOL! yes, that was lunch. I used to just dump them and never touch them. Now I'm not so ooked out over the little buggers. I buy 4 at a time so the kids can play with the pinkies for a while before they feed him. Blush

Jennifer mm#1231

Thor is such a lovey. I heard recently that Siberian cats are easy on the allergies, so that might be something to consider. Here is a pretty one: Thor is just a mutt, like the rest of our babies. Smile
        I seriously WANT YOUR CAT!!!! Smile

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that's not my kitty...that's just a random photo of a Siberian cat, but he does look an awful lot like my Thor-piggy. I'd be interested to find out of the Siberians are really as easy on allergies as they are touted to be. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LOVE ALL THE PICTURES!!!! Katie has quit bugging me for a cat but we will be getting one soon. BTW lifesabeach you crack me up lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Please check out your local humane society/ shelter/ SPCA for pets! I volunteer at one in Maryland and there are so many lovable cats and dogs and kittens and puppies that need homes! Big grin
              2009: BQ?
                This is our newest baby, Poe.
                2009: BQ?
                vicentefrijole

Whats your mouse's name?
                  I suspect his name was "lunch"? Does your snake ever get confused (when you're holding both snake and mouse) and go after your thumb? Afterall, they're both warm, pinky, and wiggly... I've never seen anyone feed a snake as they held it in their hand... Shocked
                  vicentefrijole

Please check out your local humane society/ shelter/ SPCA for pets! I volunteer at one in Maryland and there are so many lovable cats and dogs and kittens and puppies that need homes! Big grin
                    Yes! And the animals are often sooooo much healthier than the ones you'll find in some creepy pet-store (and, believe me, they're ALL creepy).
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep...our Gus was a Humane Society baby and a good guy. Erik and Thor were both strays (they FOUND us...we apparently have "sucker" written on our foreheads in text that only cats can see and read), and Lola was a roommate's cat's baby. As neat as it would be to have a kitty of specific breeding for various traits, there's no guarantee that a $$ furbaby will actually follow said traits. We've gotten so lucky with our mutts--every single stray kitty we've ever had has been a good baby. k

~ Sarah Kay

Our last puppy was a HS puppy. We got him at 8 months old and he died at 10 months old (2 weeks after getting clean bill of health from vet). Turns out he had a heart defect that is hard to detect and usually the first sign is death Sad Unfortunatly we got him in NY and everything I've heard about the local HS is NOT to go there for a pet.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

vicentefrijole

Here's my buddy, Murray: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/375141 (I know, it's corny, and there's a Catster.com too..) http://www.catster.com/
                            Here's my buddy, Murray: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/375141 (I know, it's corny, and there's a Catster.com too..) http://www.catster.com/
                            Murray is adorable! Great nanme for a dog too! Cool
                            ---- Cynthia
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's my buddy, Murray: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/375141
                              He is SO cute! He looks like a good guy. Friends of ours have a Jack Russell and that dog is a total riot! Smart, but man, oh man...energy! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

These are our pups Emily and Chiana. Emily is a mixed pup and Chiana is the husky. And this is our cat, Neko. We actually have a new addition... a kitten named Tink. We just don't have any pictures saved to the computer of her yet. And one more of Chiana since she looks nuts in that picture above...