Furry Friends (Read 2755 times)

I used to be very anti cat (grew up w dogs), but I wanted something furry and the fish weren't doing it for me anymore Wink Spunky was my husband's birthday present when he was 12 .. (she's 14 now, total bitch), Aggie is a hurricane katrina rescue (v. shy, skittish, but totally loveable), and Poe is our newest adoption (this is what happens when you volunteer at a shelter Tongue ... she is funny and TOTALLY naughty!
    2009: BQ?
      Casanova - He's not our horse but my daughter loves to visit him and go riding. After riding we have to basically strip down and bag all the clothes and shoes before getting in the van and then we have to take showers as soon as we walk in the door - other wise my youngest reacts big time!

Michelle

Aggie is a hurricane katrina rescue (v. shy, skittish, but totally loveable), and Poe is our newest adoption (this is what happens when you volunteer at a shelter Tongue ... she is funny and TOTALLY naughty!
        That is so cool. My house would be full of animals if there weren't allergies. I volunteered in a shelter in Converse Texas for the summer back in 1989 - I fell in love with all of the animals there and wanted to keep each and every one of them.

Michelle

These aren't mine, but since I'm the resident photographer in the neighborhood I get asked to take photos a bunch: Here's an 8 week old Boston Terrier named Angel Lola Gracie Beulah
            Your cats are so adorable Tricia! DD keeps asking me when we're getting a cat now that we have our puppy.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

These aren't mine, but since I'm the resident photographer in the neighborhood I get asked to take photos a bunch:
              Not only are you an excellent writer, but your photography is outstanding! NICE work! What camera/lens(es) do you use? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Not only are you an excellent writer, but your photography is outstanding! NICE work! What camera/lens(es) do you use? k
                Thank you! I use a AF-S NIKKOR 18-55mm for most of this type of photography. It's a great general purpose lens! I shoot with a Nikon D70.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Very nice. That's pretty comparable to my Canon 10D and 20D. That lens is wonderful for those wider-angle close-ups, too! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

This is when we just got Daisy, she could not be trusted off leash yet. Now she's very good.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

This is when we just got Daisy, she could not be trusted off leash yet. Now she's very good.
                      I notice that when I pass dogs like yours around my neighborhood my pace during that quarter mile is pretty fast... Blush
                        Our first ferret Bud (as in a flower bud), she's no longer with us....well, unless you count how she's buried in the back yard ( beyond the fence and 3 feet down). Undecided

Michelle

Bob - our turtle.

Michelle

Draco - my oldest son's bearded dragon.

Michelle

My friend's dog....Woody (as in from the movie Toy Story). I know, I know, not MY furry friend but I like this picture.

Michelle

Can't forget about Cookie. She died of old age, which for a hamster is just about 2.5 years...as we found out. This is the evil deer that kept asking demanding to be fed. Deer like chocolate chip pancakes, but not orange juice. Big grin

Michelle