"Pink Slime" in 70% of U.S. Ground Beef (Read 1364 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Beef Products, Inc. fights back.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm okay with their continuing to use LFTB ("lean finely textured beef") if they would simply label the product accordingly, and let the consumers make the choice.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'm okay with their continuing to use LFTB ("lean finely textured beef") if they would simply label the product accordingly, and let the consumers make the choice.

Yes!  This!

steph  

agreed.  just like I can buy milk for my kids without growth hormones in there if I want. 

ground beef with and without LFTB should be a choice.  If I think it's worth 30% more cost (or whatever the difference is) I should have the choice.

usually the lawyers don't even like a product saying something like "contains no LFTB" unless they include some kind of statement afterwards saying something like "consumption of oodles of LFTB has not been show to have any harmful effects" or something like that. 

xor

LSMFT

Slo

I haven't been a part of this discussion and haven't gone back and read the threads progression.

All I want to say is after spending more than 25 years of my career in and around the food industry, "Lean, finely textured beef" would hardly raise an eyebrow if people seen some of the other foods they happily dole out money for.

Feeling the growl again

All I want to say is after spending more than 25 years of my career in and around the food industry, "Lean, finely textured beef" would hardly raise an eyebrow if people seen some of the other foods they happily dole out money for.

Yum....Jello....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

A Saucy Wench

After making my own food, I can visualize.  When I make applesauce I quarter them so I can catch any wormy ones.  You cant tell from the outside.  I'm guessing Mott's doesnt bother.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

Texturized applesauce is goodness.

"Mouthfeel"

A Saucy Wench

protein

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

LSMFT

Yes, I get the reference.  I think.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25