My get up and go... (Read 882 times)

this morning it was -14"F. I woke up and said, "this sucks, I'm sick of this, and I'm not running today. The treadmill sucks. Running sucks." But then, I'll probably go to the "y" on my way home anyway. I might run outside, though, because it's 4 out there now. And the TM really does suck after a while. Do what you want to do, and make peace with yourself. What is "meh?"
    Go to google and search for "what is meh?"
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What is "meh?"
      "meh" (it's kind of a sound) was the sort of blah, shoulder-shrugging, eye-rolling quality of today's 3.1 miles. I wanted to do at least 4, but my heart wasn't in it. I had my too-small YakTrax on (at least now I know they are too small) and had tight, sore calves/achilles from about a half mile in. At least it wasn't windy, so there wasn't really a windchill, but the actual air temp was still only 13 and I had to deal with all the idiot drivers who absolutely refused to give me ANY room and there are several feet of snow on the shoulders, so I have no choice but to run on the street. I miss the rail trail and being able to run for miles without having to pay attention to cars... So. ready. for. Spring. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Beatin' on the Rock

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-263--608-0,00.html I have to use the TM all summer, and this kind of stuff helps. I like to add this in for intensity: http://www.goruneasy.com/RunEasy/#section=PlaylistDirectory.aspx Whatever works.
        Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.

Imminent Catastrophe

What is "meh?"
          The Urban Dictionary is also a good source for this kind of thing: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meh

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Another Passion

Do what you want to do, and make peace with yourself.
            I think this sums it up for everyones' running. Though, I do understand what Zoomie is sayin'. It'd just be nice to be able to go out and run, without gearin' up for the cold, trudgin' around in the slop and snow, and getting the feeling back in your feet and face a half hour or so after you get back inside. That's all. Better days are comin' Zoomie. Appreciate them when you have them. Big grin

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Dave

Zoomie, if the groundhog saw his shadow, do we get 6 more weeks of snivelling? Tongue Hang in there. Spring's right around the corner. Once the frost is off the ground, you and I both have some serious bunny pounding to do.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomie, if the groundhog saw his shadow, do we get 6 more weeks of snivelling? Tongue Hang in there. Spring's right around the corner. Once the frost is off the ground, you and I both have some serious bunny pounding to do.
                Ha! Yeah, that bunny had better be glad he has a good lead on me. I'm collecting cans of whup-ass that I fully intend to open on that rodent bastard with great force.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Better days are comin' Zoomie. Appreciate them when you have them. Big grin
                  I definitely will! I'd be thrilled to run in pouring rain as long as it didn't require more than one layer of clothing. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Kirsten, dont feel bad - I am having the EXACT same problem. I think its because we were both sick recently and just arent over it yet. I was actually thinking today how I feel like i'm hitting a wall with my running. I feel alot better and can get out there and be about 97% now, but I havent been getting any enjoyment out if it at all this past week. I think I got to liking not having to worry about going out running, being back in time to cook dinner, having enough time to shower and be able to get ready for work, etc. forget about laundry or cleanig the house.....i think the crud in the shower is actually starting to talk to me when I'm in there! (I am making my hustband do the bathroom cleaning tonight because I cant take it anymore) But I feel ya - I JUST DONT WANNA GO! Are we still a little sick? Are we just plain sick of winter? or are we getting tired of running? or have we just gotten lazy lately? I dont know, but if I find the answer in the next couple of days I will let you know - and vice versa, deal? Yes
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But I feel ya - I JUST DONT WANNA GO! Are we still a little sick? Are we just plain sick of winter? or are we getting tired of running? or have we just gotten lazy lately? I dont know, but if I find the answer in the next couple of days I will let you know - and vice versa, deal? Yes
                      Yeah, I think I'm still a hair under the weather, so that's not helping. And I can't recall when I last saw more than just a few minutes of sunlight. That's one big sucky thing about living so close to Lake MI...all that moisture makes for a lot of snow and a lot of clouds. I think it's a combo of things...illness, SAD, cold, snow...bah. Eliminate any one of those things and running would sure be a lot more enjoyable. Shy

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

8-12 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow. It will be our 6th snow day, the most I can remember, and my son is in 10th grade. I guess I'd better run today, even though it will be cold.
                          And here I sit on the opposite side of the fence and have temps in the 60's and can't run because of a strained muscle in my back. I try to run about every 3-4 days when I feel better and then get sidelined again.
                          http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Alan, that's miserable. Better to be injured when the weather is crummy. 60...ahhh...that sounds heavenly! Let's trade locales...you come here and stay warm indoors whilst looking at the pretty snow and I'll go there and run. Then when you are healed we can trade back and the weather here might be better. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Ha! Yeah, that bunny had better be glad he has a good lead on me. I'm collecting cans of whup-ass that I fully intend to open on that rodent bastard with great force.
                              See? You still have attitude. You'll be back out there in force soon. For now, take that attitude and run with it!!! Pretend like the bunny is running in front of you. Or, run in my neighborhood where there really are tons of bunnies around, and have my dog rip your arm out of the socket trying to get the bunny for you. Tongue

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

See? You still have attitude. You'll be back out there in force soon. For now, take that attitude and run with it!!! Pretend like the bunny is running in front of you. Or, run in my neighborhood where there really are tons of bunnies around, and have my dog rip your arm out of the socket trying to get the bunny for you. Tongue
                                I wish we had more bunnies...we have squirrels and deer. I'd prefer bunnies. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay