Running Shorts (Read 2647 times)

Thanks for the information, I didn't know that.
    For the record, Soffe also has a contract with the military, and provides t-shirts and physical fitness uniforms.
    What a beautiful time of the year in New England
      Wow, small world. I've lived here almost my whole life. I've seen information about the Riverfest Firecracker 5K, but don't know much about. I've only run in a few 5Ks before. What's the course like? Do I have to answer the question about what I like in the photos? Can I just say both and leave it at that? Roll eyes What type of encouragement do you need? Evil grin
      Kiki2, I don't particularly like being in front of the camera, so not many pictures taken of me that I actually like. Middle age, wow, what a compliment. Thanks. As for the weight, thanks again. I was 175 lbs last year (dispite 3 years of running) Did two things, changed my diet and upped my running. Like you and everyone else it takes a lot of hard work and dedication. I checked out your profile and didn't see a picture of you either. I do recognize your zip code though, believe it or not, I grew up in EH, small world huh!. How long have you lived there? As for Road races, yes I run about 2 a month. In fact, I'll be running the EH Firecracker on July 4th or 5th (which ever day it is). How about yourself? So what is it you like in that photo, the shorts or the bodies? Would I wear something as short as that? Let's just say, I could be encouraged to do so. However, I certainly don't look like them. Larry
        Kiki, Well, I lived in EH most of my life, we moved out in 90, (hard to believe 18 years isn't most of my life) The Firecracker is a very flat course, no hills what so ever. Haven't run it for a few years (injury 2 years ago away last year) and have never had what I would consider a great run there, but this should be my year. In fact I could even PR 5K there. So you don't want to comment on which you like more, the bodies in the short shorts or the short shorts themselves? No problem, it's not difficult to figure out. Can definetely say I don't look like that and have never looked like that even in my prime. I can say though, that most people think I look pretty good and most guess me to be younger than I am. Most find it hard to believe that I'm threatening to retire in Sept (at 55) By the way, my co-worked called today and said she got a pair of black Soffe's at TJ maxfor $6. If I don't want them, she'll keep them to herself. I'll see her tomorrow noght at a race at the West Hartford MDC Resorvior. As for incentive, well, you left me guessing on the photo, so I'll leave you guessing on this one. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

LPH, The West Hartford Resorvior is close to where I work, if I had seen this earlier, I would have tried to stop by. So let me know what the shorts are like that she got for you and if you're going to wear them or not. Thanks for the information about the Riverfest race. I'll have to look it up and get directions/time etc to it. So you won't comment on what incentives you need. How about if I say please? Smile
            Weather was real funny, rain off and on both before and during the race. The Riverfest starts at Goodwin school. That's on Forbes street almost to Maple Ave in the south end of town. You can take the Maple St exit off rte 2 and go left and it ends at Forbes St then go left. The shorts are black with a white strip down the side not real short, but probably an inch or two shorter than my normal running shorts. I wore them for my run tonight. I did like the material, it wicked very well and I wasn't drenched at the end of a hard 5 miles. I guess the only thing I didn't like was the external draw string. Okay, an incentive to wear something really short would be for a woman to run with me. Now depending on how short, she might have to agree to something equally as revealing Big grin Larry

LPH

Thanks for the information, I now know exactly where it is. Are you going to run this for sure? How about a picture of you and the shorts, give us something to ponder on. Shy And what would you consider more revealing for a running partner? Surprised Karen
                Karen, I'll tell you what. You find three women that say they want to see what I look like in them and I'll take the picture, but they have to be members of RA. Oh, by the way, I found out that the Riverfest is going to be on Sat. For some reason, I was thinking it was going to be on Monday. 8:30 is the start time and yes I'm planning on being there.

LPH

Teresadfp

One day at a time

OK, I'm one of the three women!
                    Hi Teresa, So you're going to jump in on this one huh! Smile How's the ankle today?

LPH

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OK, I'm one of the three women!
                      I'm 2. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Me THREE!! Ha! xxoo Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

OK, Larry, we're waiting! Clowning around
                            Okay, Karen, I don't know how you did this so quickly, In fact I'm beginning to see a set-up here, strange that I know all three of the ladies that weighted in. But I am a man of my word. Not sure what the weather is going to do tomorrow, we're forcasted for rain most of the day, but want to get out and do 8.5 miles (I loop around the river). I'll wear the new shorts and work on a picture then. So what do you think, you want a before picture nice and fresh or an after picture all sweaty? Larry

LPH

Hey Teresa, never really thought of it before, but the picture on your signature, the space suit. Happens that my company manufactures them. Any reason it's special to you?

LPH

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

<--- 8i="" innocent...=""></--->
                                Okay, Karen, I don't know how you did this so quickly, In fact I'm beginning to see a set-up here, strange that I know all three of the ladies that weighted in. But I am a man of my word. Not sure what the weather is going to do tomorrow, we're forcasted for rain most of the day, but want to get out and do 8.5 miles (I loop around the river). I'll wear the new shorts and work on a picture then. So what do you think, you want a before picture nice and fresh or an after picture all sweaty? Larry
                                Can we get a before AND after...? Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay