Running Shorts (Read 2647 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I don't know Karen, Larry, but since I've been chatting with you I thought it would be nice to see your photo! Of course it would be women who know you that would chime in! Smile I don't usually ask for strangers' photos. I was always interested in the space program - the moon landing was a few days before I turned 7. I thought about aerospace engineering, but decided structures was a better fit for me. That's cool your company makes the suits!
      Teresa, If you follow the news, you should have seen that we just lost the contract for the new space suit of the future. We've been building it since the 60s and it's been flawless and even last year when the astronout tore one on a space walk, it held up. They gave the new contact to a company that makes diving suits and has never produced a space suit. Doesn't make sense! I guess it makes sense that the people weighing are people I've chatted with. I'm just not a picture type of guy, very few I ever liked of myself. But I am a guy that likes ot have fun and this one has been fun and I'm a man of my word and will deliver on the promise. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

We're waiting to check you out. Yes
        Okay, Karen, I don't know how you did this so quickly, In fact I'm beginning to see a set-up here, strange that I know all three of the ladies that weighted in. But I am a man of my word. Not sure what the weather is going to do tomorrow, we're forcasted for rain most of the day, but want to get out and do 8.5 miles (I loop around the river). I'll wear the new shorts and work on a picture then. So what do you think, you want a before picture nice and fresh or an after picture all sweaty? Larry
        What a beautiful time of the year in New England
          Wait no more. I couldn't figure out how to include a picture in the thread, so I added it as my profile pic for now. Blush Larry Opps, didn't come out right. Well if it doesn't sure up as my signature pic, just go to my profile.
          We're waiting to check you out. Yes

LPH

Big grin Wow, you actually did it! Not a bad picture, why were so reluctant? I didn't see your age in your profile, but remembered that you had said you were 50 something. So looking back through the thread, I see that you said you are going to be 55 in Sept. Baby, if you're going on 55, you look pretty damn good Tongue . Certainly a runners body, lean and mean. No wonder you're burning up the asphalt, bet you're chasing the gals off with a stick. Most guys I know in their 30s and 40s are overweight (okay, outright FAT), bald, and look like they've been around the block more than a few times. As for the shorts, ( I was hoping they'd be shorter Evil grin ). Other than the lace hanging out what's the big deal, they look perferctly normal. How did they feel? You going to make them a regular part of your running? Karen PS Thanks for starting a dreary Monday off on the positive side. Cool
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Lookin' good, Larry! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks Kirsten, wonder what a real photographer like you could have done with it. By the way, do you know how I can attach a photo in the trhead so that I can change my profile back?

LPH

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks Kirsten, wonder what a real photographer like you could have done with it. By the way, do you know how I can attach a photo in the trhead so that I can change my profile back?
                  Big grin The easiest way to post a photo is to click the above icon with the little mountain scene (furthest right block). You'll get two HTML tags. Between the tags ( >< )="" paste="" the="" />http://... URL address to the image you want to post. You'll get that address by right clicking on the image to see its location. Clear as mud...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah I did it. I had no reluctance of the shorts, I'm just not a picture person, well at least not in front of the camera. That's correct, I'll be 55 in just over two months. Kept telling them at work, that if they don't treat me nice I'm going to retire. Wish I could really afford to retire, Then I'd also have time to train for a marathon. Thanks for the compliment. Yeah god gave me a runners body, I just never used it for distance running before. Both of my boys inherited the same body, except they're both taller and the youngest is packing a bit more beef. Unfortunately, my daughter in herited the wife's body. Not chasing the girls off with a stick, just out running most of them. Funny about the jock comment. Recently we were with some old frieds from school and someone said the same basic thing, "Look what happened to all of the jocks from school, they're all fat and bald and the small guys are all slim and trim with full heads of hair. Maybe there's something to that. In high school, I was a real runt, grew 6 inches in my JR year to get to 5'8". But I still played football and tennis and was captain and # 1 of the tennis team my Sr year. The CC/Track coach was always trying to get me to come out and run, because I just always had a nature ability to run. Unfortunately, the bug didn't catch me until I was 50. So I'm making up for it now and getting better all the time. Thanks again for the compliments about an old man. Larry
                    Big grin Wow, you actually did it! Not a bad picture, whwere so reluctant? I didn't see your age in your profile, but remembered that you had said you were 50 something. So looking back through the thread, I see that you said you are going to be 55 in Sept. Baby, if you're going on 55, you look pretty damn good Tongue . Certainly a runners body, lean and mean. No wonder you're burning up the asphalt, bet you're chasing the gals off with a stick. Most guys I know in their 30s and 40s are overweight (okay, outright FAT), bald, and look like they've been around the block more than a few times. As for the shorts, ( I was hoping they'd be shorter Evil grin ). Other than the lace hanging out what's the big deal, they look perferctly normal. How did they feel? You going to make them a regular part of your running? Karen PS Thanks for starting a dreary Monday off on the positive side. Cool

LPH

Hi Larry, you're welcomed and I certainly wouldn't consider you an old man Wink So you still planning on running the Riverfest 5K? You certainly got me interested in it. Would be great to meet you in person. Maybe you can give me some running and training tips. Other than the 5K you ran at the MDC Resorvouir, do you do any training runs over there? So you're out running the gals rather than beating them off huh! Not fair that you run so fast Roll eyes . I think last week was my highest mileage total ever. Something about being part of this community has inspired me to run more and be more interested. It's also easier since the kids are out of school for the summer, so there is less going on. The kids are "suppose" to go to their fathers this weekend and I'm hoping to run 5 miles. Guess it makes no difference if they go or not, I'm still going to try and run 5 miles. Thanks again for the picture and for being such a good sport about it. Oh, by the way, how short will you go? Evil grin Karen Shy
                      Thanks again for the compliments about an old man. Larry
                        Yes, I'm still planning on running the Riverfest. Pulled something in my calf last night. Hope it's nothing serious to keep me sidelined for more than a few days. I used to train over at the MDC Resorvouir but was working in WH at the time. Now I'm up in Windsor Locks so it's a haul for me. As for training tips, I'd be happy to discuss some ideas with you, but keep in mind that I don't pretend to be an expert and I don't necessarily follow any traditional routine. Why don't you email me directly, my email is in my profile. However, one of the things I'm going to want to know is what are your goals. I'm looking for specific like; you want to run a 5K in 28:00 mins. More generic; Running for fun with no races or maybe a few races, or a lot of races. 5Ks 10Ks, 5M, HM, Marathon. I see that you want to loose more weight, okay that's good. Once I understand what you want to do, then we can determine if time/pace is a factor or not. This will also then determine training, such as hills, speed work, etc. I am glad to see that you picked up the miles a little bit. Isn't it funny how getting involved with this site (or any site for that matter) increases your desire and inspiration. As for how short will I go? How short do you want me to go? Karen Shy

LPH

Hi Larry, I've got a few minutes before I leave work and go run so I thought I'd check in. Wink Yeah, I guess WL to Farmington would be a haul especially at Rush hour 91S to 84W what a nightmare that would be. Dead I hope your leg is allright and it doesn't stop you from coming to EH for the Riverfest I'll give some thought to my goals and then drop you an email. Your wife won't mind? Well, I can certainly say that I'm more inspired today than I've been before. Tongue I'll find a picture of how short I want you to go...... Evil grin Take care of your leg and get better so you can come to the Riverfest Karen Roll eyes
                          Yes, I'm still planning on running the Riverfest. Pulled something in my calf last night. Hope it's nothing serious to keep me sidelined for more than a few days. I used to train over at the MDC Resorvouir but was working in WH at the time. Now I'm up in Windsor Locks so it's a haul for me. As for training tips, I'd be happy to discuss some ideas with you, but keep in mind that I don't pretend to be an expert and I don't necessarily follow any traditional routine. Why don't you email me directly, my email is in my profile. However, one of the things I'm going to want to know is what are your goals. I'm looking for specific like; you want to run a 5K in 28:00 mins. More generic; Running for fun with no races or maybe a few races, or a lot of races. 5Ks 10Ks, 5M, HM, Marathon. I see that you want to loose more weight, okay that's good. Once I understand what you want to do, then we can determine if time/pace is a factor or not. This will also then determine training, such as hills, speed work, etc. I am glad to see that you picked up the miles a little bit. Isn't it funny how getting involved with this site (or any site for that matter) increases your desire and inspiration. As for how short will I go? How short do you want me to go? Karen Shy
                            Hi Karen, Sorry to say, but my leg has given out on me again after a short run yesterday. There is no way I'll make Riverfest. So have you thought about goals etc. Just got back from the beach last night and didn't see an email from you. If you want help, you've got to think about what it is that you want! Larry

LPH

Missed you and was getting worried about you. I'm sorry about your leg hon, you take care of it, rest up. You been to the Drs? Your wife massaging it for you? How longdo you think you're going to be laid up? Yes, I've been thinking about my goals. I sent you an email, didn't you get it? You going to come to Riverfest and be a spectator? Big grin It's raining and thundering here in Farmington, so it doesn't look like I'll get a run in tonight. You take care of yourself and get better and go look for that email. Wink Karen quote pid="7142731af8014654942342ce76ae7125">Hi Karen, Sorry to say, but my leg has given out on me again after a short run yesterday. There is no way I'll make Riverfest. So have you thought about goals etc. Just got back from the beach last night and didn't see an email from you. If you want help, you've got to think about what it is that you want! Larry
                                Hi Karen, I looked and did not see an email form you, please resend it. No, don't think I'll mkae the hike into EH to be a spectator for the race. It's about 30 miles each way, so I'd rather stay home and enjoy my morning coffees on the deck watching the birds. Storm went through fast last night, did you get a run in? I'm going to give my leg another day of rest, then try some biking to see how that feels. Need to do something to keep the heart and blood pumping as well as the joints moving. Since I'm not running at the moment (and probably not going to for a week) maybe we can find a place to get together after work. I was thinking a track someplace like in Avon or so and see about getting you started on some track workouts. Let me know what you think. Larry
                                Missed you and was getting worried about you. I'm sorry about your leg hon, you take care of it, rest up. You been to the Drs? Your wife massaging it for you? How longdo you think you're going to be laid up? Yes, I've been thinking about my goals. I sent you an email, didn't you get it? You going to come to Riverfest and be a spectator? Big grin It's raining and thundering here in Farmington, so it doesn't look like I'll get a run in tonight. You take care of yourself and get better and go look for that email. Wink Karen

LPH