Wisdom teeth coming out Monday - what to eat? (Read 1455 times)

ok..just threw up. waiting for doc to call back. now what?

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

mikeymike

ok..just threw up. waiting for doc to call back. now what?

Do you have cable?  Someone recommended the show Cheaters to me.  You might want to search OnDemand for it.

Runners run

Dave

This thread sucks.

OK, technically speaking it's a fine thread but I'm already dental phoebic and this isn't helping any.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

This thread sucks.

OK, technically speaking it's a fine thread but I'm already dental phoebic and this isn't helping any.

I am too, which makes me experience even more awful.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

Rookie Runner

This thread shouldn't suck.  It could get dry socket.

Cookie toss number 3. Complete misery. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cookie toss number 3. Complete misery. 

Sad Did the doc offer anything to help?  Zofran is a magic pill, just sayin'.  I got sick after my first experience with general anesthesia.  Mentioned this to the nurses as I was being prepped for my 2nd surgery under general and they gave me Zofran...never had even a moment of queasiness.  There are other cheaper alternatives, too.  I would certainly ask.  Puking can't be making your mouth and jaw feel any better.  Hope you start feeling better really soon.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Stay away from the cookies.  Seriously, sorry you're having such a bad time with this.

Sad Did the doc offer anything to help?  Zofran is a magic pill, just sayin'.  I got sick after my first experience with general anesthesia.  Mentioned this to the nurses as I was being prepped for my 2nd surgery under general and they gave me Zofran...never had even a moment of queasiness.  There are other cheaper alternatives, too.  I would certainly ask.  Puking can't be making your mouth and jaw feel any better.  Hope you start feeling better really soon.

Doc sent some anti-nausea stuff over. Don't even know what I took. Had mom go pick it up. Amazing. Magic stuff. Feel so much better, even though I am not taking any pain meds. Night and day difference. 

Thanks for your concern, guys! 

Jazz hands!

I had mine out early 2006 (on winter break from college), and remember

a) eating probably gallons of tomato soup

b) lying in bed, stoned out of my mind on Vicodin

c) watching all four seasons of Blackadder and then both seasons of the British Office

I guess from this you can learn that British people are funniest when you're high as hell.

Also, don't take the pain drugs they give you on an empty stomach. Keep ice on your face for the first 24 hours, it helps the swelling a LOT. Make sure you clean your holes. Don't visit a friend in Seattle a week later and have your removal site get infected horribly while you're there. Yes, I learned this all the hard way.

run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                      Teileen

Hope today is better for you.  I had my bottom two out a couple of months ago.  I had local only and stayed awake for the procedure, which was a little traumatizing what with all the yanking, pulling, and cracking.  I took ibuprofen only during recovery and the pain lasted for a solid two weeks, which I wasn't necessarily prepared for.  But, what I really wanted to pass along is that no matter the pain, remember that it will eventually be gone, AND, you only had to do this once!

Est. 2006

Hope today is better for you.  I had my bottom two out a couple of months ago.  I had local only and stayed awake for the procedure, which was a little traumatizing what with all the yanking, pulling, and cracking.  I took ibuprofen only during recovery and the pain lasted for a solid two weeks, which I wasn't necessarily prepared for.  But, what I really wanted to pass along is that no matter the pain, remember that it will eventually be gone, AND, you only had to do this once!

Oh gosh, I couldn't imagine staying awake for that. I hate going for cleanings! 

Today is a lot better. Not taking any pain meds, but oh well. I am not throwing up so I'll deal with pain! One side today is waaay swollen and the other isn't. Strange. 

xor

Well, depending on the state of your wisdom teeth (for example, whether they are sideways/impacted or not), some folks just get them popped out.  While others... like me and I suspect you... get put out while they cut with tools.  Eeek.

I won't go into what I went through. It was not good.  The first two things he told me when I woke up were 1) the biopsies will be back in a couple days ("ok.  Wait.  WHAT???") and 2) my teeth broke one of his tools.  Damn right.

Reiterate the "don't suck" rule:  They told me that, and I just thought it sounded goofy.  No.  Seriously.  Don't suck.

Well, depending on the state of your wisdom teeth (for example, whether they are sideways/impacted or not), some folks just get them popped out.  While others... like me and I suspect you... get put out while they cut with tools.  Eeek.

I won't go into what I went through. It was not good.  The first two things he told me when I woke up were 1) the biopsies will be back in a couple days ("ok.  Wait.  WHAT???") and 2) my teeth broke one of his tools.  Damn right.

Reiterate the "don't suck" rule:  They told me that, and I just thought it sounded goofy.  No.  Seriously.  Don't suck.

Oh you've gotta explain the biopsy thing now. 

xor

I got my wisdom teeth out in 1994, two years after my initial cancer diagnosis.  Actually the same year as my first recurrence, although this happened before.

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed.  It was a tough job, especially my bottom ones (this is where I broke the dude's tool).  Anyway, they found several cysts that worried the doctor.  Especially given my history.  In the end, one was benign, and one was "granulation tissue".

My point was, it was disconcerting for the first words I remember to be "the biopsy will be back in two days" and not "all is well".  ESPECIALLY since I didn't know ahead of time that there was something that needed to be biopsied.