Perfect (But Lesser Known) Songs that get your Ipod Poppin! (Read 897 times)

Not dead. Yet.

Animal Liberation Orchestra - Speed of Dreams

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Andy X

RHCP version worth checking out too 

Great version, thanks Mito!

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Cool Jump Suit

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I like Temptation (New Order) - Song Here

I also like Toad the Wet Sprocket - Nanci    ......it's a fun little ditty.

So bittersweet,
          This tragedy
          Won't ask for absolution;
          This melody,
          Inside of me,
          Still searches for solution.
          A twist of faith,
          A change of heart
          Cures my infatuation.
          A broken heart, 
          Provides the spark
          For my determination.

lilcat19

"Pressure" by Rains

"Get Through This" by Art of Dying

"Strike Back" by We As Human

"One for the Money" Escape the Fate - This one is probably my favorite song to run to right now

I didn't read through every post, but thought I would add a few of my favorites right now that aren't "common" running songs

Ben Kimball

#1: Devil Inside by INXS

Recently did a full blog post on this topic, including more than 20 songs:

http://benkimballphotography.blogspot.com/2014/01/hear-me-out-here.html

edgrover

Suntoucher by Groove Armada.  "Purple Haze" by Groove Armada is pretty good too.

Ninth Wonder by Digable Planets: "68 inches above sea level/93 million miles above these devils" always gives me a second wind.

Get Innocuous by LCD Soundsystem

A little less electronic:

Take it So Hard by Keith Richards

Joann Y

Recently did a full blog post on this topic, including more than 20 songs:

http://benkimballphotography.blogspot.com/2014/01/hear-me-out-here.html

You got a nice list there. LCD Soundsystem and Bloc Party always always good. Just been revisiting Bloc Party recently while running on the treadmill and was tempted to post it here. So I will, Bloc Party - Silent Alarm. The whole album, all the way through, and then again if you've got the time. Fun, fun album (and especially so if you like to air drum while running).

(also great to see Yes on your list! and Jesus and Mary Chain's Automatic!)

CMJHawk86

"Slow Cheetah" by Red Hot Chili Peppers is a perfect long run tune.

And "I'm Comin" by Will Smith always gets me fired up before a race or big quality workout.

OK, one more deep cut: "Reach the Beach" by The Fixx.

hardly "lesser known", but one that never fails to entertain:

fatboy slim - weapon of choice

Joann Y

always perfect for the end of a run, Mission of Burma - That's How I Escaped My Certain Fate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQVZaeEmkOA&feature=kp

Joann Y

Boris - Smile is also a fantastic album. Buzz-in gets me every time...   http://youtu.be/rpNGqkcBiew

LB2

I rarely listen to music when I run, but one song I love is "Dead but Rising" by Volbeat.

LB2