The thing I hate most about running.... (Read 1836 times)

Coach

Is the way my shoes stink and I can never get my running clothes to really smell decent. But even with all that running is my favorite pastime. What can you add to the list of things you endure to do the sport you love? http://obsessedrunner.blogspot.com
    My Blog: http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/ Marathons run: S.F., Boston, St. George, M. of Aviation, Salt Lake City Ultra's run: Big Horn, Squaw Peak, Lean Horse,
      That I am NOT GOOD AT IT YET...... Angry That it makes me sooooo hungry when I am trying to lose my gut.... That the laundry room stinks of Tech Gear Funk..... shin splints..... injuries..... Would I ever QUIT? HELL NO! Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

How I get very grumpy now when I skip more than one day.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My hard-to-fit duck feet. Undecided

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The thing I hate must about running is RIGHT NOW - still feeling sick as dog (with nausea) almost three hours after finishing a run. Not sure if it was a hydration thing, but damn, it sucks.
            JakeKnight

Trent.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

A Saucy Wench

sportsbras chafing my cruddy ankles

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

an amazing likeness

...its hard, tedious work and for all those hours, in the cold, in the wind, in the rain, on the ice, on the snow, dodging cars...hours and hours each week...it doesn't seem to get easier.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Is the way my shoes stink and I can never get my running clothes to really smell decent.
                    You need Win. It works miracles with the stinky clothes. I get mildly irritated by (but don't hate) the patience required. I always feel ready to run farther and faster, but get ahead of myself and get injured.

-------------------------------------
                    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Getting to the first step, after that it just keeps getting better.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

The negative thoughts pre-run, and the voices in my head that try to talk me out of running and into munchies and beer. Replaced by... The positive thoughts and good feelings after I (yet again) ignore the voices, get my miles in, and relax, enjoying munchies and beer.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Lisa3.1

when the weather doesn't cooperate and I can't get out to run.
                            finding a decent sports bra the treadmill that I have to get a babysitter if I want to run with DH and the first 15 min- for some reason I can run forever if I can just get through the first 15 min, but those 15 are not ever fun running on a full stomach

Gotta TRI

I hate that I lose so much if I stop running for any length of time. Guess that means I can't stop!
                              2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                                ...the first 15 minutes, me too. It's NEVER fun. --I'm not very good at running...yet. --the cost of shoes