Red Meat (Read 946 times)

Wow, great site... all kinds of useful information on there! "Myth No. 1 - Exercise Will Make You Lose Weight and Cure Obesity." "Myth No. 2 - Exercise Will Prevent Heart Disease." "Myth No. 3 - Exercise Will Prevent Metabolic Syndrome or Syndrome X." "Myth No. 4 - Running and Bicycling are Healthy Exercises." "Myth No. 5 - Humans are Natural Born Runners." "Myth No. 6 - Carbohydrates are Needed for Energy." "Myth No. 7 - Runners Should Eat a Low-Fat Diet." "Myth No. 8 - Exercise Reverses Heart Disease." "Myth No. 9 - Exercise Will Build Up the Body." "Myth No. 10 - Red Meat Causes Kidney Damage and Cancer." http://www.biblelife.org/exercise.htm Guess we should all quit running. Tongue
    sorry...not too much credibility there....

Sandi Sue

Wow, just goes to show ya that just because it's in print doesn't make it true.

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

obiebyke

Here ya go... exact same thesis from 1935, totally different site. Smile http://www.apinchofhealth.com/resources/lowcarb/stefansson-adventures-in-diet-part-two.html
        1935? Penicillin wasn't even used as an antibiotic in 1935. I wouldn't look at that as a valid medical study. Sorry wing zero and Him--you've run into anal folks...

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

1935? Penicillin wasn't even used as an antibiotic in 1935. I wouldn't look at that as a valid medical study. Sorry wing zero and Him--you've run into anal folks...
          Like I said, it was just an example. There is plenty of information out there on paleolithic people, and hunter/gather civilizations from around the world who lived on only meat up to as much as 75% of their diet. I have several books on the subject right here that were printed this century. If you want to know more about it, look it up yourself, it's not my job to convince you. It is well documented however, than man can live on meat alone.
          I think a little research would show that most of your great implements of death are the result of zombie-eyed daydreams of shoe salesmen. -Al Bundy
            I need to hang out after races more. Maybe I'll do really well Big grin
            HA!!!!!! HA, HA!!!

2012 Goals: Get back into it after having a baby! Prep for a 1/2 marathon

A Saucy Wench

Back to the original question Roll eyes YES YES dear god yes. Every week I tell myself that after my long run I can go have that ice cream sundae that I have been craving all week. And every week I trade it in for a big fat juicy burger. As my training gets longer I find I could eat a steak or burger every time I get the opportunity. Part of it for me is a salt/savory craving as well as a meat craving.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Wow, great site... all kinds of useful information on there! "Myth No. 1 - Exercise Will Make You Lose Weight and Cure Obesity." "Myth No. 2 - Exercise Will Prevent Heart Disease." "Myth No. 3 - Exercise Will Prevent Metabolic Syndrome or Syndrome X." "Myth No. 4 - Running and Bicycling are Healthy Exercises." "Myth No. 5 - Humans are Natural Born Runners." "Myth No. 6 - Carbohydrates are Needed for Energy." "Myth No. 7 - Runners Should Eat a Low-Fat Diet." "Myth No. 8 - Exercise Reverses Heart Disease." "Myth No. 9 - Exercise Will Build Up the Body." "Myth No. 10 - Red Meat Causes Kidney Damage and Cancer." http://www.biblelife.org/exercise.htm Guess we should all quit running. Tongue
                Is Him1 Hefty in disguise? Wink

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

PWL

Has been

I love Red Meat

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

obiebyke

I love that comic. LOVE. Do you think that dude survives on 75%-100% red meat, and that's why he looks like crap? Wink

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMG...that comic is SO wrong...(I love it)

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

PWL

Has been

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay