Motivation (Read 1475 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A case of beer says that a year from today you're running that same 10.5 miles in under 1:40, easy. (It's a sucker's bet. Because I'll win. But I'd like a case of Corona, please. Big grin)
    Hmmm...any beer (makes mental note to ask my beer-snob baby brother what's the priciest beer by the case, LOL)...? Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Hmmm...any beer (makes mental note to ask my beer-snob baby brother what's the priciest beer by the case, LOL)...? Wink k
      Any beer you like. Because it doesn't matter. I already know I'll win. (And no cheating and spending the next six months on the couch eating Ho-Hos. That's not fair. Clowning around

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

The fact that I look a lot better now when I see myself in the mirror that I did before I started running & doing weights. For any of you that don't do weight training...it boosts your metabolic rate at LOT, so add it to your regime.
        Scout7

The fact that I look a lot better now when I see myself in the mirror that I did before I started running & doing weights. For any of you that don't do weight training...it boosts your metabolic rate at LOT, so add it to your regime.
          Define: "weight training" Define: "a lot"
            I do it because it's fun! I love being out in the woods, moving fast, taking in the fantastic scenery, working hard, and having so much fun with my friends. This is what it's all about for me (yesterday's trail run): If I had to do that mileage on pavement, I wouldn't be a runner...
            Carps10

i run because it is what is required of me to become a champion. i want to not just defeat but completely destroy the competition.
              JakeKnight

I do it because it's fun! I love being out in the woods, moving fast, taking in the fantastic scenery, working hard, and having so much fun with my friends. This is what it's all about for me (yesterday's trail run): If I had to do that mileage on pavement, I wouldn't be a runner...
                Amazing.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

WOW I'm jealous man, you now have shown me 3 of the best running photos I've ever seen........Lucky Bastard Big grin

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Sherman, set the wayback machine. Sure Mr Peabody, where are we going today? 2006 Sherman, we're going to check on a two year old motivation thread. It's pretty interesting to go back to the two year old posts and click on View Log. Then compare those logs with their statements on motivation. So Jake and Zoomie, who ponied up the case of beer?

E.J.
                    Greater Lowell Road Runners
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

De-slacking in progress

Running a graph on her log shows a 6mph for 10 miles if i did it correctly during that time period

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Another Passion

Sherman, set the wayback machine. Sure Mr Peabody, where are we going today? 2006 Sherman, we're going to check on a two year old motivation thread. It's pretty interesting to go back to the two year old posts and click on View Log. Then compare those logs with their statements on motivation. So Jake and Zoomie, who ponied up the case of beer?
                        I LOVED Sherman and Peabody and the Wayback Machine! Thanks for the memory Ed!

Rick
                        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

milkbaby

I HAVE to run to justify... spending all this time on running forums and websites!!! Smile
                          "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi "I have need to be all on fire, for I have mountains of ice about me to melt." -- William Lloyd Garrison "The marathon is an art; the marathoner is an artist." -- Kiyoshi Nakamura
                          runnerclay

Consistently Slow

RUN because it's so simple... no bike maintenance, chain cleaning, going to a specific place to do it, jumping into a freezing cold pool, etc. I can just put on my shoes and go, from anywhere and to anywhere.
                            Ditto

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

sweet

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard I'm more motivated to run on days when no one else would do it. I just love the challenge. Love pushing myself. I like doing something that a lot of people don't or won't do. I'm motivated by the constant jokes and snide comments from people about my big cooler that I bring to work every day with my healthy meals. I'm motivated by people that make fun of me for never skipping a workout. What a society we've become when healthy diet and exercise habits are weird to people and deserving of ridicule. But I LOVE it. I like being a bit of a freak. 8 Ball