Favorite Nutrition Bar, and Why? (Read 1156 times)

I'm just curious to see what everyone likes. I'm partial to Luna Bars (preferrably the Lemon Zest and Peanut Butter Cookie) and Kashi bars (Cherry Dark Chocolate). Great for a pre-run, post-run, or mid-afternoon snack. What do you all like?
    "If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want - Why? Because (a) you'll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you'll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway." ~ Don Kardong

The Greatest of All Time

I am a Clif bar fan. Various flavors.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        I am a Clif bar fan. Various flavors.
        Ditto this!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Jazz hands!

Clif bars ftw! I like Carrot Cake and Black Cherry Almond the best, cranberry apple whatever is pretty good as are most other fruity things. The sweet ones are still good but last in my order of preference (brownie fudge and chocolate chip or whatever). The only one I can't stand is banana bread, but that's because I don't like bananas and HATE anything banana flavored that is not an actual banana.
          run run run AHHHHHH run run run
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I like apples. Especially after really long runs. Bananas work too, but only if really ripe.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've never had a bar I like. I'm with Trent. I keep thinking I should just make up baggies of dried fruit and nuts with some m&ms...I loves me some trail mix! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I like apples. Especially after really long runs. Bananas work too, but only if really ripe.
                Especially the super crispy apples...although I like my bananas just under ripe and cool from the fridge. Yum! Double yum is to pop a little peanut butter on them.
                mikeymike

I like coffee.

Runners run

RunLuluRun

Kashi, Luna, and Clif. because they're mostly natural.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like coffee.
                      That's for BEFORE you run, silly...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I like the Kashi TLC bars because they are smaller and not as sweet or chewy. I used to like clif, but not so much recently. I only will use them as pre-long run food. Never as a snack, too sweet. And I LOVE coffee after a run, I rarely get it before.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Me and the boys

I've never had a bar I like. I'm with Trent. I keep thinking I should just make up baggies of dried fruit and nuts with some m&ms...I loves me some trail mix! Smile
                          Zoom-I am the same way, I havent found a good bar... until this one http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=188429&catid=49471&aid=337950&aparam=odwalla_trail_mix_bars_1&CAID=82f802cf-14f4-4dec-8772-b6b7a477c9cd It tastes just like a handful of trail mix. they are fantastic!! I dunno if you have them in your area or not, but if you can get them, try them!
                          -Misty "I would rather try and die, than live and wonder."
                            Lara Bars.........yummy and whole food
                            Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Lara Bars.........yummy and whole food
                              Yes. These appear to be whole food. I have not tried them yet...
                                and the Lara Bar snack is even better when accompanied by an apple or banana
                                Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30