Do you have a food cheat day? (Read 196 times)

zeppelin390

Oh, how I miss not putting any thought into what goes in my stomach, and just haphazardly eating whatever my little, cholesterol lined, heart desired. The urge to cram a double cheeseburger down my throat still overwhelms me, and I must succumb every now and then. I do try and do it on a long run day in hopes of making myself feel somewhat less remorseful, but nothing beats the guilt I feel about two seconds after I have swallowed the last bite of that fat-filled piece of heaven that lays between two buns. "Would you like extra grease on that burger sir"    "Is the Pope Catholic? Hell yeah.....load it up, six pieces of cheese too"

Anyways, I'm going to feel awfully bad if I'm the only one that does this, and if that is the case, I'm just joking about all this.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I only drink alcohol and eat chocolate on the weekends.  Does that count?

Leah, mother of dogs

zeppelin390

I only drink alcohol and eat chocolate on the weekends.  Does that count?

Only if you feel guilty about it.

Fanilow

Only on days there are Double Stuf Oreos in the house. It is against the law to eat less than a full row in a single sitting.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

zeppelin390

Only on days there are Double Stuf Oreos in the house. It is against the law to eat less than a full row in a single sitting.

And how often are double stuff oreos in the house?

xhristopher

Pretty much everyday. That's why I have to run my ass off.

Mmmmm...beer

Nope, but I also don't feel guilty, it's just food.  After having lost 95lbs, I've learned that food has no morality, it's not good or bad, it's just fuel that is either more nutritious, or less.  I don't agonize over food choices, but I do keep my goals in mind, which helps keep me from overindulging. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Fanilow

And how often are double stuff oreos in the house?

I don't allow myself to buy them, but once every couple weeks my husband picks up a package. As much as I hate him for bringing them home, I hate myself worse for eating them. One time he brought home Mega Stufs. Dear God. 

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

Joann Y

Yes, every day. After running for two years, I am exactly the same weight, so apparently I have eaten close to 300,000 (wtf?) calories to stay right where I am. That's a lot of doughnuts and beer. Recently I started to roughly follow Mark Bittman's vegan before 6 which still allows me to "cheat" every day. I will not stop drinking beer and hanging out with friends but I can stop eating doughnuts. And most days, after 6pm, I'm just not that motivated to eat and drink a ton of junk. Works for me.

MTA: 300,000 calories - that's roughly 1500-1700 beers. Thank you running, for that.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Cheat?

I'd only be cheating myself.

I love the foods I eat. I love the way that I feel eating the way I eat.

Why would I want to eat any other way?

Liz

pace sera, sera

joescott

Yeah, I just finished a food cheat week. 

But it's time to get my act back together now.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Do I have a food cheat day?     yeah pretty much every day..   my weight has stayed around the same for past 3 yrs after losing around 50 lbs. over the 3 years prior.  Very little fluctuations of 2-4 lbs.   I do need to tighten up my diet abit if I ever want real 6 pack abs & tightening up around  the middle. but overall I think I have found a good  "normal" or natural balance between excercise/food intake.   Dont need to limit intake,  only substituting more healty K's in place of worthless K's.

The Pocatello Kid.

+100000

Pretty much everyday. That's why I have to run my ass off.

GinnyinPA

When I was working to lose weight, I'd have a cheat day once a week or so or I'd allow myself two splurge items  on a weekend (i.e ice cream on Saturday and a beer on Sunday).  It helped keep me focused on eating carefully the rest of the time and it meant that I didn't eat anything and everything I saw, I had to limit myself to what I really wanted.  Once I started running though, my indulgences came much more often, but my weight has been pretty much stable for the past three years.  I lost some weight when I got injured and gained it back when I started running again. For the most part, my calories in and calories out match pretty well.

PDoe

Only days that end in '...day'.

Those are also the only days I allow myself a beer or two or.......