Running Resolutions for 2009 (Read 1158 times)

Tiefsa

What is your new years resolution for running, or anything else for that matter. Mine is to run or cross train at least three times every week.
      Do a couple HM's (Flying Pig and Indianapolis HM) and (finally) do the Tecumseh Trail Marathon in Dec. as my first full marathon. That's my plan anyway... TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Roses Revenge

I quit making New Years Resolutions years ago because they never last long. I do however, make first of the month resolutions. My January resolution is to be ready for and PR a half marathon on my birthday. February's will probably just be to find time to train while working two jobs and six days a week, but I'll think about that later.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

SMART Approach

After 21 months, figure out how to permanently solve my upper hamstrings bursitis, tendonitis, ischial/gluteal pain syndrome.......blah blah blah! My fricken butt is not right! Running and sitting are the two biggest irritants. I want to figure it out and get back to running more regularly with more miles. Maybe even train! The past year and half have been all comfortable running. Sure would love to do a tempo run occasionally. I am in process of being biomechanically analyzed by therapists and athletic trainers and will do some therapy starting in 10 days to correct my tight deep hip flexors and stiff lumbar spine and the mild anterior tilt in pelvis. AND unfortunately I may have to take some time off from running......and oh, I may get another round of bilateral cortisone shots in my low glute/upper hammy. i.e. - ass! Last December the shots were the only thing that helped and got me back running regularly. I hear mixed opinions on multiple cortisone injections. I call on ortho docs and one doc will say he would inject more than once in lifetime but then some will say that with my activity, strength, flexibility etc. there is no long term harm unless doing multiple injections. Trent, curious of your thoughts. BUT the key is to address the cause which is what I am doing. What I do know now is that it is not weakness. I am back doing weighted one leg squats and walking lunges w/ 30# dumbbells and fairly heavy leg curl negatives, so I am ahead of last December when I couldn't do 20# leg curls. I just can't get it to go away!!!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Since I have run several 1/2 marathons my resolution for this year is 26.2 sometime in the fall. Also break my diet coke habit. I drink way to much......I just think of the pain this will cause from the caffeine head ache and always put it off. My wife is trying to get me to switch to green tea.
            TJN

S Army Kettle run...

My initial goal is to do a good job at the inaugural running of the LaCrosse Fitness Festival marathon - LaCrosse WI in May. We live about 2miles from the start ... Depending on how the Spring goes, we'll think about the Fall. Budman, I've got that same Diet Coke habit ... it's now 9:55am and I just finished number 4 ... Which is actually a slow day for me. Maybe we need a support group. Smile Tim

Tim 

Run one or more 1/2, hopefully starting in the spring. This is dependent on how my injury rehab is coming along (i.e., the motivation is not a problem, I just don't want to push myself to reinjury). I'd love to work towards a fall marathon, but I'm doubtful my body will be ready for it...

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

xor

I hope to...
                  Be thoughtful and trustful and childlike, Be witty and happy and wise, Be honest and love all my neighbors, Be obsequious, purple, and clairvoyant.

Budman, I've got that same Diet Coke habit ... it's now 9:55am and I just finished number 4
                    Uh, that sounds ridiculously high. Surprised Of course, I'm the same way, just not four of them....my deal is just making sure I don't I don't buy them. My resolutions 1st Half Marathon PR Full Marathon
                      I hope to learn what "obsequious" means...

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

xor

I hope to learn what "obsequious" means...
                        I am here to serve, especially such a fine person such as yourself. Your bees look amazing. Let me know how I can help.

I am here to serve, especially such a fine person such as yourself. Your bees look amazing. Let me know how I can help.
                          I am humbled to be in the presence of such obsequent company, fine sir!

Jack Kerouac

I think my new years resolution for running will be to enjoy my running as much as I did this year... in other words don't let my training and performance goals get in the way of just enjoying every run.
                            Krisruns

Would like to enjoy my runs and not be too competitive, but hope to hit 1500 miles in 2009 (should come close in 2008), and would like to run an half marathon distance. Longest run has been 11 miles, so am feeling good about my ability to do this.
                                Keep on running. Simple. Roll eyes But I do resolve to do more core strengthening and other cross training to get stronger and prevent injury.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka