Running in Milwaukee WI (Read 415 times)

Going to be in Milwaukee for a couple of weeks, one week actually in Germantown, one week right downtown. Any suggestions on best places to go for a run in the evenings? Looks like there are some long paths starting at Odonnell Park and/or the Art Museum heading North. Have car and GPS so getting somewhere is no problem. Was also looking for a race on weekends, and this is all I found.--> "The Beer Run, my personal favorite takes place every June at the Locust Street Festival. This run is under two miles and winds through the streets of Riverwest. Every quarter mile, there's a beer stop, requiring runners to slam a small cup of Lakefront Brewery beer before continuing the race. You have to see it to believe it. An awards ceremony with trophies follows the run." http://www.locust-street.com/beerrun.htm I think maybe it is fortunate (for me) my flight is not early enough for me to enter. Dead
    DoppleBock

http://www.badgerlandstriders.org/graffiti/graffiti.html Post your question at the Milwaukee club website and you might have some luck

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Post your question at the Milwaukee club website and you might have some luck
        Thanks, just visited the site, left a post, noticed another one for a meeting on the 20th where John Bingham is talking. For a $1 admission think I am going to try making that. Might be other info there also.
          Sunday mornings at 8:30 AM (on the dot - trust me) a group leaves from Hansen Golf course in Wauwatosa for an 8 mile run through the zoo. It's free. That location is about 15 minutes west of downtown and 30 minutes south of Germantown. Time is driving time. If you can run it that fast then you should be running in Kenya. The Lakefront is always popular for people staying downtown. Unless there is an exceptionaly cold wind off the lake it is great. Just bring your sunglasses. Also do a search for the Oak Leaf trail.

Thanks, just visited the site, left a post, noticed another one for a meeting on the 20th where John Bingham is talking. For a $1 admission think I am going to try making that. Might be other info there also.
            $1 admission includes John Bingham but more importantly it also includes beer.