Beards! (Read 1076 times)

Glad the show was cool. Every time they come around here, I seem to have something else going on. I would have like to see one of his shows when it was a smaller outfit...just 2 or 3 guys. They might allow a close trimmed beard, but Ive got a couple patches that (even at 30 years old) don't grow in well. I wouldn't be happy with anything other than a bushy scraggly thing that made the bare spots less obvious.
    Yeah, I understand that. I'm Portuguese, so I can grow a full beard pretty easily, but I have friends whom have patches also. It's all good though. I can agree with you with wanting to see it back then, but when the whole band played the song "seahorse" it was just magic!
    "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
      I'm in! I stopped shaving about 6 weeks ago because I was going on a ski trip and a friend suggested growing beards. I was going to keep it until after running the napa valley marathon on March 2, but then I hurt my heel (retrocalcaneal bursitis) and couldn't run at all for a couple weeks, so I couldn't do the marathon. I deferred my entry to next year, and have joked with my wife that I will have to keep the beard until I run it next year... She actually likes it, and I do too most of the time. It is just kind of funny because I have pretty light blond hair, and my beard is dark red and fairly thick. There is a distinct line where it switches from red to blond at my sideburns.
        It is just kind of funny because I have pretty light blond hair, and my beard is dark red and fairly thick. There is a distinct line where it switches from red to blond at my sideburns.
        My hair is dark brown - but my beard is brown, red, and gray (not a little bit either). When I wear a goatee or beard - people ask me if I dye my hair. Roll eyes

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I'm in! I stopped shaving about 6 weeks ago because I was going on a ski trip and a friend suggested growing beards. I was going to keep it until after running the napa valley marathon on March 2, but then I hurt my heel (retrocalcaneal bursitis) and couldn't run at all for a couple weeks, so I couldn't do the marathon. I deferred my entry to next year, and have joked with my wife that I will have to keep the beard until I run it next year... She actually likes it, and I do too most of the time. It is just kind of funny because I have pretty light blond hair, and my beard is dark red and fairly thick. There is a distinct line where it switches from red to blond at my sideburns.
          Man, that's awesome! Def. do grow it for the year. I have jet black hair, and my beard is the same, but on my chin, i get random bright red hairs. It's crazy. It looks like I do it on purpose so i can hear what your saying about being asked if you dye your hair. YOu should post pictures!
          "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
            My hair is dark brown - but my beard is brown, red, and gray (not a little bit either). When I wear a goatee or beard - people ask me if I dye my hair. Roll eyes
            Man, that's wild. If only there was a countries flag that was those colors ... Blush
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

O. M. G. That is awesome. If he furrowed his brow and had really bad teeth, that would be Geico Caveman awesome. I'm not currently sporting a beard, but I maintain a state of perpetual stubble, as I don't own an electric shaver and hate shaving with a blade. And I am sporting a bit of a soul patch. Is a soul patch and stubble enough to let me into the ranks of The Bearded?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

O. M. G. That is awesome. If he furrowed his brow and had really bad teeth, that would be Geico Caveman awesome. I'm not currently sporting a beard, but I maintain a state of perpetual stubble, as I don't own an electric shaver and hate shaving with a blade. And I am sporting a bit of a soul patch. Is a soul patch and stubble enough to let me into the ranks of The Bearded?
                I dunno, ask your mom if it worked for her.
                  That's not fair, Scout. The circus has very different standards than Jeff's office. I hope.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

heh, Yes. It's better than nothing, so sure why not!
                      Oh no! Tight lipped
                        People don't ask if I dye my hair, it is more often they say it kind of looks like a fake beard. it is the distinctly different colors that do it; there is no gradual shift from blond to red, just a line.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

O. M. G. That is awesome. If he furrowed his brow and had really bad teeth, that would be Geico Caveman awesome.
                          Heh, the rest of him is pretty similarly hirsute, as well. Actually, the hair on his head seems to be sliding off to reside on his back.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Heh, the rest of him is pretty similarly hirsute, as well. Actually, the hair on his head seems to be sliding off to reside on his back.
                            Oops, zoomie, looks like you had a typo there. I believe it's spelled "hairsuit."

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Hey, nice marmot!

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oops, zoomie, looks like you had a typo there. I believe it's spelled "hairsuit."
                                *snort* Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay