Nike Human Race 10K (Read 2548 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

If someone wants to send me a plane ticket I'll cover Rome for us Smile!
      I'm moving that day, so I don't think racing would work out so well Sad Especially since I'm in Chicago, which we've already got covered several times over haha. I'm with mgerwien, though - If someone wanted to buy me a plane ticket to somewhere exciting (and pay someone else to load up a moving truck), I don't think I'd say no Evil grin
      extranutmeg

I just signed up for Paris!

Flat footer

I'll do Boston... errr... Hummm.... No Boston!!! Confused My dislike for nike grows even more! Angry
            I was all psyched to participate in this. I am not sure now, since my Nike Sports Band Plus, thing only lasted twenty runs before the display died on me. I am not pleased with Nike for this. The product is defective, you use it as intended, and your sweat breaks it. Shame on you Nike.
            David in Israel

I will be running it in Tel Aviv, Israel. It was good fun last year. This year should be even better with the international run.
                YOU HAVE THE GREATEST USERNAME I HAVE EVER SEEN
                Glad you like it!
                  I am!!!!! B'ham, Al has a huge group planning to go at it Big grin
                  lorenzo10k

Running it myself in Shanghai but desperately looking for runners in SEOUL,KOREA.Why ? Am helping a friend compile a book about the Human R ace and looking for interesting personal stories from runners.If you know anyone running in Korea,running clubs whatever pls let me know ! send me contacts!. Most web search links are dead in China due to severe control during the Olympics so...pls Help!! Tks runners.....

IMKY13 finish!!

Anyone doing the Nike race on Aug 31 that runs in 25 cities around the world?
                      I know it's not on the list...but I'll be running the Virgina Beach Half Marathon that day.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Go Pre!

NIKE sure know how to market. Just Buy It
                          I'm running it in Austin.

Outside Lane

NIKE sure know how to market. Just Buy It
                            Did my packet pickup this weekend - I have the red shirt so I look just like everyone else. They say you have to wear the shirt or you will be removed from the course. Your bib number is printed on the shirt. The wierd thing is you can buy the shirts on their website (for the same as the race entry fee - $35). In Chicago, half the run will be on the lakefront path (15,000 runners! on a narrow path). You have to finish in 1:15 (I am not worried) to get an official time. I predict chaos.

See how they run...

Yeah, can't say that I'm excited to go to the party wearing the same dress as everyone else, but that seems to be a Nike thing. Hopefully the weather will be nice and the music enjoyable. I'll bring a change of wardrobe for after the race so that I can re-assert my individuality. Smile

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

The course for NY is two loops around Randalls Island then a finish on the track at Icahn Stadium. I guess I can have visions of Usain Bolt breaking the WR for the 1st time. I don't think I'll be running 9.72 though Smile Hopefully, they have some sort of corral system for pacing (I'm sure they'll just be signs) or else they'll be a lot of trampled runners.