krispy kreme challenge (Read 1147 times)

The Krispy Kreme Challenge is this weekend. Anyone running it? It sounds like fun. Run 2 miles to Krispy Kreme, eat 12 donuts, run 2 miles back.

Lazy idiot

I saw that. I couldn't eat 12 KK donuts in a day. I'd love to set up camp and watch at the finish line, though.

Tick tock

xor

I saw that. I couldn't eat 12 KK donuts in a day. I'd love to set up camp and watch at the finish line, though.
        Might I suggest being a good 20 yards away from the actual finish line? Trust me.

Lazy idiot

Might I suggest being a good 20 yards away from the actual finish line? Trust me.
          Noted.

Tick tock

I couldn't eat 12 KK donuts in a day. I'd love to set up camp and watch at the finish line, though.
            Ditto. Thems are some crappy donuts. I couldn't eat 12 of them if I reincarnated 2 more times. I'll help you man the camera at the finish line though.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

12-week layoff

I don't need to be there to see that at the finish line. I have coached cross country too many years, and seen too many multi-colored expulsions from kids who thought that they needed to down a 32 ounce poweraid right before the race. Of course, I told them not to do it, but who cares what coach says. I'm runnin two miles. I need my poweraid.
                been there. I was the pancake eating champ before CC practice one day in high school. I put that experience down as lesson #8 under the category "even when you win... sometimes you still lose".

xor

been there. I was the pancake eating champ before CC practice one day in high school. I put that experience down as lesson #8 under the category "even when you win... sometimes you still lose".
                  We used to have a place in Irving Texas called Taco Inn. Tacos were 29 cents (obscure reference: "what a bargain!"). Thursday football practice was shirts-and-helmets day. No pads, no contact. So lots of guys would go eat as many tacos as they could. 10 was a popular number. Which made Thursday football practice a very very interesting experience. Especially early in the season, while it was still 95 degrees in the afternoons.

bhearn

Ditto. Thems are some crappy donuts. I couldn't eat 12 of them if I reincarnated 2 more times. I'll help you man the camera at the finish line though.
                    Hey now. Angry When I was growing up, Krispy Kremes were extra special treats when we'd go to Nashville for summer vacation. I don't know if the quality changed when they went national... but I ate them in Boston a few years ago and still loved them.
                    TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

Here is a much better race held in October http://beerblog.projo.com/2008/10/by-edward-fitzp.html check out the name of the team listed 4th in the results spreadsheet For those in the RI area this fall, I plan on doing it this year. OK, so my 'bucket list' of races is pretty sad
                      jeffdonahue

I would totally run in that if it was near me - anyone know of any similar races in the Massachusetts area? I remember doing a triathlon once and while I was on the bike my wife had gone to Dunkin Donuts so as I transitioned from bike to run I downed a couple munchkins and then grabbed a handful for the road.
                        TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

Last I checked RI (Rhode Island) is in the Mass area. I know it is a small state, but it hasn't moved. Providence, RI is about 60 mi from Melrose, MA. Maybe that's a little far to run a mile, eat a hotdog, and chug a cheap beer, but there will probably be another race in RI you could run in the morning.
                            Last I checked RI (Rhode Island) is in the Mass area. I know it is a small state, but it hasn't moved. Providence, RI is about 60 mi from Melrose, MA. Maybe that's a little far to run a mile, eat a hotdog, and chug a cheap beer, but there will probably be another race in RI you could run in the morning.
                            I might be mistaken, but I think jeff was referencing the KK Challenge.

Queen of 3rd Place

We used to have a place in Irving Texas called Taco Inn. Tacos were 29 cents (obscure reference: "what a bargain!"). .
                              "By Neptar's hammer..." ??? Ugh, the only times I've tried to race (twice, a couple years back), I've thrown up, and that was only water. The thought of all those donuts makes me sick just sitting here.

Ex runner

xor

No. Eddie Murphy. Chinese food. The sign reads: "Chopsticks. 29 cents. What a bargain." Say, my man... how much for the chopsticks? 29 cents? What a bargain! That is a bargain for me.