Skirts and the uninformed. (Read 1336 times)

I never wear shorts anymore. I mainly workout at the gym - DH says I may have started a trend - never saw anyone wearing skirts there before me! I plan on wearing skirts when I move back to running outdoors too.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

Pool_Runner, sassy!
      2009: BQ?
        Pics you say? Sure look here
        Another sexy and sassy RAer!
        2009: BQ?

Go Pre!

ya, I get weird looks when I wear a skirt too!
            Running skirts don’t seem to have made it to NZ yet. Mind you having looked at a few photos I think it may be an item of clothing best suited to the slimmer figure. ie not mine. Maybe once I’ve been a Jiggly Jogger for a while….
              I've thought about pushing the idea of running Speedos for guys. They come in 3 distinctive styles; neutral, stability, and motion control. Big grin I won't mention want I think of guys wearing running skirts. However, if I was a fashion designer my skirt line for males would be called Bell Ringers Tongue Clowning around

Vim

Running skirts don’t seem to have made it to NZ yet. Mind you having looked at a few photos I think it may be an item of clothing best suited to the slimmer figure. ie not mine. Maybe once I’ve been a Jiggly Jogger for a while….
                I think they have various lengths just like running shorts.

Vim

I'm not entirely sure that the length of the skirt is likely to be the problem....?? Or in fact width of the skirt for that matter. Width of the wearer maybe?
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wouldn't rule it out just yet. I believe Eryn/backroadrunner is about your size and she has at least one skirt. And if you battle that chubby inner thigh thing (which I do) you won't have bunched-up fabric to contend with like you do with shorts. I find that shorts make me look more bottom-heavy than skirts do. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep. I find that the NB ones are on the longer side, while the Moving Comfort and SkirtSports ones are a bit shorter. I prefer the length of the NB ones. k

~ Sarah Kay

Marquess of Utopia

Has anyone seen a running kilt? It's not really my thing, unless it came with a free Scottish Greatsword. Smile
                          Oooooh, I LOVE my running skirt. I got to take it out for a test run last weekend for our long run. Certainly got a few looks on the trail. I felt like flipping up the skirt to prove I had shorts on underneath. The other day I went out in the neighborhood (which is filled with backwards thinking uneducated individuals I have decided) in my skirt. As I was warming up this car drove by with two guys. One which apparently had a problem with his neck, becuase it was cocked in my direction for an unreasonably long time. I had had enough, I flipped them off. Ugh, I hate not being comfortable running in my own neighborhood.
                          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I find that shorts make me look more bottom-heavy than skirts do.
                            Paging Dr. Mix-a-lot! Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Has anyone seen a running kilt? It's not really my thing, unless it came with a free Scottish Greatsword. Smile
                              I've been trying to get my hubby to get a kilt to wear over his biking shorts on rides...he refuses. Too bad, kilts are hot! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Who was it that had the issue with the running skirt riding-up under their Camelbak (Cheryl?)? I have never had this problem with my NB Andare skirt (the one in my profile pic), but had to turn around and change bottoms only about a half-mile in wearing my newer Bonita skirt. I have worn the Bonita sans Camelbak and it is fine, but under the Camelbak...let's just say anyone behind me would get quite a show with the liner short. Good thing I did a test run today, rather than during an actual race! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay