Skirts and the uninformed. (Read 1336 times)

I'm pretty sure it was Cheryl and her fanny pack.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I thought it was Cheryl, too, but it was one of the Jills. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Fort Worth Star Telegram newspaper has an article today on running skirts. I'll post some pictures of it later.

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The Fort Worth Star Telegram newspaper has an article today on running skirts. I'll post some pictures of it later.
          I found it...good article. The first skirt in the photo gallery (the hot coral one with the white band at the waist) is the same one that caused me issues with my Camelbak. Now I know to avoid ones with side slits if I don't want to give a show to anyone behind me. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, I noticed the article linked to runningshorts.com, but I think they meant to link to runningskirts.com. I may look into one of those at some time, since they don't have the side slits. k

~ Sarah Kay

Glad you found it to share.

Vim

Ooh, I noticed the article linked to runningshorts.com, but I think they meant to link to runningskirts.com. I may look into one of those at some time, since they don't have the side slits.
                One of my running skirts is from runningskirts.com --- I love it!
                2009: BQ?
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

One of my running skirts is from runningskirts.com --- I love it!
                  I love the photo of you on their site--that is so cool! I just wish they put the longer shorts under all of their styles--they only do that under solid black or navy and they are more $$ for a boring skirt. I want orange with pink trim. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

I wouldn't rule it out just yet. I believe Eryn/backroadrunner is about your size and she has at least one skirt. And if you battle that chubby inner thigh thing (which I do) you won't have bunched-up fabric to contend with like you do with shorts. I find that shorts make me look more bottom-heavy than skirts do. Smile k
                    I wont rule it out - though it may take a while for them to make it over here! As far as chubby inner thighs go - I can't even walk to work in my work skirt as I end up with chafed inner thighs Sad - I really can't imagine running without something protecting my legs. I just wear lycra shorts at the moment. Shame as the skirts sure look great.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just wear lycra shorts at the moment. Shame as the skirts sure look great.
                      All of the skirts/skorts I wear have liner shorts, though I find that they still tend to creep up and leave the chubby areas exposed. Bodyglide stick definitely helps with that, at least for the first 10 miles or so. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

I just have my New Balance skirt, and well, I think it's too big. It's biggish in the waist and it just feels big. It's cute though! Even if I don't run in it, I think I'll just wear it to look cute. The skirts at runningskirts.com look adorable though. I'm a shorts underneath kind of girl, so my options are limited, but they're still cute. Maybe I should just get some brief style and some body glide...
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just have my New Balance skirt, and well, I think it's too big. It's biggish in the waist and it just feels big. It's cute though! Even if I don't run in it, I think I'll just wear it to look cute. The skirts at runningskirts.com look adorable though. I'm a shorts underneath kind of girl, so my options are limited, but they're still cute. Maybe I should just get some brief style and some body glide...
                          I have been tempted to try one of the brief ones, too. Especially since the longer shorts seem to creep up, anyhow...but I think they still provide more coverage than the briefs--kind of like boyshorts. I also find that the NB skirts run a big generous. I just picked up one of the Champion C9 running skirts from Target and they fit about the same as the NB ones. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, took the $20 Champion C9 skort from Target out for a test run. Got a block down the road and turned around...damned thing creeped-up under my Camelbak. I think this pretty much has me convinced that skirts with slits are completely incompatible with Camelbaks. It's a shame, too, as that C9 skirt is really cute and well-designed for the price. I'm going to return it, though, as I already have another nice black skort with the same issue. Right now I'm pretty much down to my one trusty pale blue NB skort that I can wear with my Camelbak...no side slits. I'm going to think seriously about one of those runningskirts.com skirt/skorts, too...since they have no slits and Trishie speaks so highly of them. k

~ Sarah Kay

I'm going to think seriously about one of those runningskirts.com skirt/skorts, too...since they have no slits and Trishie speaks so highly of them.
                              Big grin Only having briefs underneath is actually kind of nice. You have to body glide it, but there are no little shorts to ride up
                              2009: BQ?
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I bodyglide my inner thighs, anyhow, so that really wouldn't change anything... Last night I went ahead and ordered one of the runningskirts.com skirts (sunkissedpink--orange with pink trim). I hope it's here in time to give it a little test run before Sat. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay