Tell me how you've HTFU'd lately (Read 2844 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ran 22+ miles in the past 3 days. Given that my highest mileage week in recent months (ie since my late Oct. HM) was only 26 that's pretty HTFU, I think. Damned Pace Bunny! Black eye Gotta bank my miles while the roads are clear of snow and ice! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

WTG! Smile I've HTFU by not breaking out a credit card to buy a new treadmill. Big grin Instead - I'm enjoying the great outdoors and will continue to do so all winter long.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WTG! Smile I've HTFU by not breaking out a credit card to buy a new treadmill. Big grin Instead - I'm enjoying the great outdoors and will continue to do so all winter long.
        You can do it! I managed over 1300 miles in '07 with not a single step on a dreadmill...it's definitely doable! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

You can do it! I managed over 1300 miles in '07 with not a single step on a dreadmill...it's definitely doable! Smile k
          That's easy for you to say, you run outside all the time!!!! Smile

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Running-wise, not so much. But when I was stopped at a gas station the other day, I resisted the temptation to by a Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie by whispering "HTFU" repeatedly.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I resisted the temptation to by a Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie by whispering "HTFU" repeatedly.
              Ohhh, those are good. Now I want one.

Michelle

Just Be

What if my name is Stephan? hahaha Big grin Tongue Cool
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nice! That's my middle name, so I guess I need to HTFU. Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

HTFU, StePHAN! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

pandajenn19

Well, besides the unfortunate circumstances surrounding my long run yesterday, I didn't head straight home today in spite of a very creepy guy in the park I was running in. The skies look like they are going to open up with rain and lighting any second, and the wind is pretty stiff, so I didn't want to get too far from my car. So I ran to the park that is close to my office and was just going to run around it. About a mile in, I came up to the end of a path and noticed a car had pulled up behind a dumpster and a pile of mulch, almost hiding, and was just sitting there. This is the most relatively remote section of the park, and in the almost two years I've been in this office I have never seen a car parked right there. I grabbed my cell phone and started dialing, and the instant I did the car took off. Even creepy lurking guys in parks won't stop me this week. Smile Of course, I was a bit creeped out and immediately headed for the busy, carbon monoxide filled city street instead of the nice, quiet, peacful but creepy park. Shy
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's easy for you to say, you run outside all the time!!!! Smile
                        HTFU and run outside all the time! Wink

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Running-wise, not so much. But when I was stopped at a gas station the other day, I resisted the temptation to by a Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie by whispering "HTFU" repeatedly.
                          Good work, Jeff. Though those are nasty. If you're gonna HTFU, make it over something really good...like a whole Boston creme pie, or sumfin'. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Even creepy lurking guys in parks won't stop me this week. Smile Of course, I was a bit creeped out and immediately headed for the busy, carbon monoxide filled city street instead of the nice, quiet, peacful but creepy park. Shy
                            That is MAJOR HTFUing, IMO! Nice work, Jenn! Ack, stuff like that makes me so creeped-out! Shocked

~ Sarah Kay

Just Be

Seriously, though... this week I've had 5 runs in a row lasting more than 1 hour non-stop, and in the 7 days of this month so far, I've run 42.1 miles (and that's with only 6 days of running - I took a rest day on the 4th). Now I just need to wait for my body to HTFU from the effects of the overtraining by taking a couple easy run days so I don't get an overuse injury... I can feel one looming on the not so distant horizon (it'll prob happen if I go for another 1 hour run tomorrow).
                              JakeKnight

I keep posting here with you knuckleheads. No matter how badly it scares me. Even without Kooky Claire here to hold me in a sweet, grandmotherly way. That's pretty damn hard if you ask me. I'm so hard I'm TRIMPy.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------