Tell me how you've HTFU'd lately (Read 2844 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

At fiorst I felt like a wuss 'cause I headed indoors for a TM run and the temp was still double digits. But 12 miles non stop on a TM falls under the HTFU category.
      I HTFU by getting my butt out of bed and running when it was 14 F. That has been the coldest I have ran in to date and it actually wasn't too bad once I got started, my face went numb around the 1st mile but after that I didn't feel anything except the grueling hills.

I went to the gym and did 10 minutes on the bike and walked 3/4 mile on the treadmill. Doesn't really qualify until I mention that I couldn't extend my left leg enough to get a running stride. I've been having constant back problems and extending my leg caused pain in my ass and back. I used to lay low during these episodes, but I've had enough of being a wuss. Time to HTFU. It worked because next day was able to run 2 miles on the treadmill.
        Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
        C-R

Ran 6 miles @ 5 degrees F and 15 mph winds because it was sunny and I don't like the dreadmill. Man it was cold. Hey I qualify for the more miles than temp group Big grin and my family thinks I belong in a padded cell Surprised

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

my family thinks I belong in a padded cell Surprised
            Hey, at least we can keep each other company in our happy place! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

As my favorite cartoon characters Ren & Stimpy once sang - "happy happy joy joy......." Cool

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As my favorite cartoon characters Ren & Stimpy once sang - "happy happy joy joy......." Cool
                One of the greatest songs EVER!!! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

One of the greatest songs EVER!!! Big grin
                  Agreed! I've HTFU'd by continuing to the run on the mill -- 6ish miles at a time.
                  2009: BQ?
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have HTFU'd this week by logging 10 miles thus far. Not an amazing feat by any stretch, but considering I spent Friday night with a fever of over 101 and Saturday in urgent care with a sinus infection and lots of crap in my lungs and walked out with a script for Amoxicillin 875, a nasal steroid, and instructions to rest...heh, well, I guess that's pretty hardcore. Tongue Amazing how great a run feels after the first 2 miles of coughing up crap and blowing out green gunk. After that the lungs and sinuses feel great! And my legs have been SO ready to go after a week of nuthin'. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Way to get rid of that crap and green gunk ZZ, well done! Mmmmm, green gunk. I had a 16-18 miler scheduled a week ago, and it was snowing pretty heavily. The first 90 minutes I had the snow driving in my face, and I was slipping and sliding on snow for the whole three hours. I found out how much you use your stomach muscles when you have to control skidding for that long, it was 17.6 miles that beat me up more than my marathon. Like any really challenging run, it felt really good when it was over. Smile I've registered for Stu's 30k on March 2nd, I'm really hoping that it's a nice sunny snow-free course that day because I've heard it's got some pretty good hills at the end.

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Gig

Did anybody read the January Runners World article on Ryan Shay? The anecdote is told a bit better in the magazine, but here's what I found on the internet about the incident:
                        If Shay's running appears to happen only from the neck up, don't forget about the car that ran him over. While still in South Bend, Shay was three miles into a long run when a hit-and-run driver hit rolled his front tire over both of Shay's shins. To the shock of witnesses, Shay got up after the incident, jogged a bit, and finished his run - a 17 miler! "I got back to my apartment and I said guys, I got run over by a car," Shay recounts now. "I pull up my tights and there was this lump on my shin that was bleeding like crazy. And they said, man you've got to go to the infirmary. I said, all right but I've got to stretch first." --http://www.michiganrunner.net/features/shaystudent0203.html

Beatin' on the Rock

I'd say Shay HTFU'd PDW! Not as dramatic, but I'm continuing my HM training even though both partners have now quit. Long runs aren't quite as nice without company. What to do to fill the miles? H as F!
                          Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.

Another Passion

I'd run with ya Sally, but I live like 1200 miles away. Roll eyes

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

yeahthat! Big grin I posted my, ahem, accident a few different places but suffice to say... running head down into the rain and wind, knocking myself on my butt when I hit an unseen LARGE GREEN SIGN, I HTFU up the last 2.5 miles of my 17 mile run...but really, I wanted to curl up in a ball and feel sorry for myself. But if it rains during my next marathon, I'll be ready to HTFU all that much more. Tongue
                              This made me chuckle...how prophetic! I'm going to HTFU today and see how far I can run. Yes

Jennifer mm#1231

I ATE BACON ALL THREE MEALS TODAY!! Big grin wait, I think I have the wrong forum