Tell me how you've HTFU'd lately (Read 2844 times)

C-R

I was the anti HTFU today as the winds are gusting up to 40 mph and its -15 wind chill so I did my 7 on a dreadmill. I'm so ashamed. Blush

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. What the heck, the sun will be going down soon the wind should let up a little and I'm 90% sure I'll be out there. Figures I'll probably finally go run and not even have a bit of sun left, I am a masochist Big grin
      So I went out diid 14.46 km, according to Garmin. Could have ran another 7 k easily to make the half. Felt great much better than the slush running the past week. Only problem, I didn't wear wind pants over the tights and boy was I feeling the needles and pins, guess where. Hint, when I walked in the door one of the first things my DW asked was "Where are your mitts" my reply," guess, by the way, no, It's not that I'm happy to see you Wink

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

I HTFU'd Went out to run in a steady 25 mph wind with 40 mph gusts. Single digit wind chill Turned around 2/10 a mile, then said to hell with it and turned back out to start my run--directly into the wind. HTFUd for 9 miles.
          when I walked in the door one of the first things my DW asked was "Where are your mitts" my reply," guess, by the way, no, It's not that I'm happy to see you Wink
          Now THAT'S a nice "on the fly" adjustment. Wink Way to HTFU!

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Another Passion

Now THAT'S a nice "on the fly" adjustment. ;
            Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

phzzzzzzzzzzz

I live in Sunny Souther California. Yesterday, I got a Garmin 305 hrm/gps! Very exciting. So, today was my first run with it. A nice casual 7 miles... and it RAINED! Not only did I get to use my hrm/gps, I also got to HTFU!!
              Worsel

5:40am in westchester, ny. about 3 inches of snow on the ground already and the white stuff was still falling heavily. i was supposed to 12 miles but took an executive decision to make it 10 instead when i discovered how difficult it actually is to run in snow. suffice to say i was the only runner i saw, although interestingly there were a few other footprints in the snow. i run an out and back trail and on the way back the snow was so heavy that it had nearly filled in my footprints from my way out. my wife and children think i am mad.
                  7pm, Melbourne Australia, 102F, put in 14k/8.7 mile. Certainly made me HTFU Hank

Just running for the fun of it!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Windchill: 17º, sideways snow...very few cars out there. ...from NOAA: "north northwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph." Yuck. But I did get to test out my new windblocker tights--they work...REALLY well. My Gore-Tex trail shoes are paying for themselves, too. I would need YakTrax with my regular road shoes in that slushy/snowy muck.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

What make are the windblocker tights? I can't believe you got out in that! Good job!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What make are the windblocker tights? I can't believe you got out in that! Good job!
                        Other than the wind it was great...I didn't think it felt that terribly cold, either--layers are GOOD. The worst part was actually the icy snow blowing on my face and eyeballs. I tried wearing my sunglasses for protection, but they simply got covered in snow, then fogged-up bad. I feel kinda like I've been sandblasted. The tights are the NB Windblocker ones. They are new this year. Last year I got a pair of their Competitor tights, which are also a nice thermal tight, but aren't great when the wind is strong. These have panels on the fronts of the legs and belly that are wind and water resistant. They're a lot snugger than their other tights, so I sized-up and they're a good fit.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Windy, 38°F, light snow. Chilly in Alabama, spring break weather in my old Michigan stomping grounds. I slightly overdressed -- if it's in the 30's, I really don't need long sleeves under the lightweight shell jacket. I love the 180s ear cover that I use. My head is a furnace while running, and even headbands get too warm for me. These suckers wrap around the head and cover the ears-only. And they fold up nicely to be pocketed when not needed.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

33 degrees, freezing rain, wind. 10 miles with Shannon on her post marathon legs (one HECK of a HTFU by her--she gets all the props) and me nursing a calf injury.

Chris
                            PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Skooter 3.0

After getting my butt kicked with the Reading Pagoda Pacers the night before TGiving, I woke up the next morning, and ran 8 miles in 30 degrees and Rain...additionally, the first 4 miles I was stiff as hell! Just kept chanting "HTFU HTFU..." and after mile 4, I felt like a million bucks!

Goals?

Member Since 2008

You can do it! I managed over 1300 miles in '07 with not a single step on a dreadmill...it's definitely doable! Smile k
                                Zoom, you are the man (or woman) Big grin