RA Meet-Up Race - who's in? (Read 736 times)

Go Pre!

"Do the monkey"...
    Doing monkeys is hot

Anyone have pizza?

Doing monkeys is hot
      Yes. And I am sure a lot of people in Africa said that too. And then.....Ebola Zaire!

Anyone have pizza?

I really didn't know where to jump in on this thread. It's moving like a bullet train! Cool
          Heh, you idiots are all free to do the Monkey...my son needs a mother. Wink K
          Sooooo, that's a definite no from you for the Monkey? Tongue

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sooooo, that's a definite no from you for the Monkey? Tongue
            You can do it ZZ!

Lazy idiot

*sticks tongue out at Drew* Are you doing it?
              Most likely

Tick tock

Anyone have pizza?

Trent, is there a link for this Monkey race I can look at? Smile
                Scout7

Most likely
                  You're not sure if you're doing it? I'm sure your wife is thrilled by that.....
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You can do it ZZ!
                    Someday...but not for my first. I have a feeling if that were my first and I actually LIVED through it that it might be my last. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Trent, is there a link for this Monkey race I can look at? Smile
                      http://www.harpethhillsmarathon.com/

Lazy idiot

You're not sure if you're doing it? I'm sure your wife is thrilled by that.....
                        Duly noted. I wondered why she was giving me the evil eye when I got home last night.

Tick tock

Okay, did you see this Kirsten?? Big grin I would NOT recommend this for first-time marathoners. But if you've done a few, don't need (or want) to BQ and are tired of races where they run out of water (this one DIDN'T), give this race a try. Just do LOTS of hill training first.

Michelle

Another Passion

Zoomie, put me down for a maybe. I was thinking I would do the Detroit full or half next fall, but perhaps I'll forego that race and do GR. 'Sides, Detroit's in my backyard and I'm there about 3 days a week for work. I don't get to GR much. I don't think I have the running "grapes" to do the Flying Monkey next year yet. Blush

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Actually, lots of folks run it as their first marathon. Jeff ran it as his first and won it in 2006.

Dog-Love

I'm kinda wondering why runners are called "victims" on the FM webpage... Now that I've sobered up from last night, that Grand Rapids marathon looks awful sweet, and calm, flat, and well you are probably feeling OK to enjoy the view. Now that FM...How long would I have to finish because I am guessing if I am alive at the end it will be 6.5 hours after I start. I couldn't find past results to find out what a "normal" person runs that in.
                                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)