AWEIGH WE-Go 12/24 - 12/29 (Read 885 times)

Good morning all! Well I have purchased a Garmin 305 for DH for his bike... I am really thinking about getting one for myself as well. We have a friend who gets them at cost and it is just too good of a deal to pass up! This will also help me track my goal for 2008. With inspiration from Mary I am making my goal for 2008 to run 500 miles. I know it is no 1000 that Mary is running but it is about 10 miles a week and that should be enough of a challenge for me. If I need to readjust higher after Q2 then I will. For those that have the Garmin... it does do a ruuing total of miles, right?
    Pain is temporary, Quitting lasts forever!
    msl

For those that have the Garmin... it does do a ruuing total of miles, right?
      YEAP! DH has been using my Garmin, but I was wondering if it made sense to have two. We have been connecting it directly to the computer after our runs to down load the information to our separate logs...We will see...
        Does this look right.... https://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/aws-merge.html?cart-id=102-2407535-9408936%26associate-id=gosale-20%26hmac=f%2Bo2gdh6FgJycAv0sw8gMoHlqfw=%26SubscriptionId=0HSY6P1KNXRP17E848G2%26MergeCart=True
          Michelle- when you upload your training do you need an internet connection? I ask as the Garmin's are not compatable with Mac's and we have a Mac, we have a laptop that is not connected to the internet that I can load all of our training to though
          msl

Sarah- What was your link? Go to Garmin's website if you didn't get a CD with your 305. You can install a training center which isn't internet based but works with MAC.
              The link is for Amazon.com and the Forerunner is at $199... does that seem to good to be true?
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Michelle- when you upload your training do you need an internet connection? I ask as the Garmin's are not compatable with Mac's and we have a Mac, we have a laptop that is not connected to the internet that I can load all of our training to though
                It definitely works with a Mac. I have 10.4 and a Forerunner 305. Works great. Trent is also on a Mac, as is Jeffgoblue and a few other peeps with 305s. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I should add that Motion Based also works with Mac, at least with the 305, so if you wanted an online place to load your results to, that is a good solution. You would need to use a different client than the standard one that MB defaults to.

~ Sarah Kay

Kristen- Thanks for the info... I was just reading on a spec for the Garmin that it did not work with Mac OS. Sounds like I may just need to get it....
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It definitely works with a Mac. I have 10.4 and a Forerunner 305. Works great.
                      If you're only using the Garmin Training Center, you don't need an internet connection. This is just a piece of software that runs on your PC or Mac. It runs under OS X 10.4 and 10.5 no problem. If you want to use MotionBased, which is the web-based system by Garmin, then you do need an internet connection. It worked great under OS X 10.4 and Safari 2.x, as zoom-zoom mentioned. It did not work the first time I tried it with OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and Safari 3.x, but I haven't tried to troubleshoot it at all. Bottom line is that the Garmin is Mac compatible, but there may still be problems under Leopard. MotionBased has really good forums, so you may be able to solve your problems looking there.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kristen- Thanks for the info... I was just reading on a spec for the Garmin that it did not work with Mac OS. Sounds like I may just need to get it....
                        I think maybe one of the older Garmin models like the 201 won't work with Mac. I do recall seeing that a long while back...I think. k

~ Sarah Kay

Ok, I am now the proud owner of a Garmin Forerunner 305!!
                          msl

Its an amazing price isn't it?! That is for me like 150 euros. Here it sells for 300 Euros! DH had a co-worker who had to go to the US for business so DH ordered it from Amazon and the guy brought it back.
                            pandajenn19

Happy Friday all! I have 3 planned for tonight, then either 3 tomorrow and 13.1 on Sunday, or 13.1 tomorrow and 3 Sunday. I am waiting to see what the weather does. I'm not registered for a race, but I am hosting a virtual race on another website, hence the 1/2 distance. So, out of curiosity, has anyone thought more about the idea of doing a group instead of a thread like this? It just seems more to the style of RA (from the little I have gathered so far) to have it as a group. I keep seeing comments about threads being cliquish, and while this group is probably the least cliquish of any small group I've ever known, part of me is wondering if some of those comments are about us... Look at me, opening up one can of worms after another this week. I just need to settle down a bit, huh? Smile Must be all the running. Big grin Oh, and I'm glad to see everyone is on the 305 wagon. It's still my favorite piece of running gear, by far.
                                I think it is easier for me to have one thread to go to vs. checking a whole group of postings.