100 push-ups/200 sit-ups (Read 6167 times)

personally I still believe that pull-ups/chinups/pushups with all their variations are best bang for your buck.  but I'm old school. primarily a runner nowadays but still get into the gym for at least mod intensity stuff to complement running & always feel & look better.   think it is very important to keep some kind of strength training on consistent basis. As I am more focused on running & getting older at least want to slow down the muscle loss.  ha ha

SuperChef

Working on the 100 pushup program now.  I'm not quite where I want to be yet, but my numbers are definitely going up.

Feeling the growl again

A group of us on one of the sub forums are well into the 100 pushup challenge now.  Several people up into the 70s now on the max test, one stud who can  probably knock out 100+ at will already. 

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

juniordo1

Just finished day 2 of week 1 for 100 pushups.Neglecting cross training for the last couple of years was a bad idea.

2013 -Sub 2:00 for 1/2 marathon

kcam

A group of us on one of the sub forums are well into the 100 pushup challenge now.  Several people up into the 70s now on the max test, one stud who can  probably knock out 100+ at will already. 

I've been following you guys - frickin impressive.  I started it two weeks ago and am up to about 28max from 15 on my initial test.

JimR

Pullups

darn those weak bladders...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

darn those weak bladders...

interval training to make them faster

hills to make them stronger

distance to give them endurance

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

interval training to make them faster

hills to make them stronger

distance to give them endurance

Thanks, coach!

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

I hope whoever finishes makes a video and posts it on the site so we can see, it is always inspiring to see someone reach their goal.

Shameless plug and repost, checkout the link below, it is a really good video of me doing 100 pushups.  Over 402,000 people have watched it, and I've made over $200.00.  Not bad for a silly pushup video, I just need it to go viral so I can take a small vacation.

I made another video about month ago where I did 75 pushups (without training), maybe I'll post that one later.  Video really helped me get good form, before that I either wasn't going low enough or getting full extension.  It is the last 25 pushups that takes the longest to conquer.

I wish anyone attempting 100pushups the best of luck, I know all of you will do the same for me as I attempt another marathon this fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoCKHx8Yyj4

Feeling the growl again

Making money from a pushup video?? Wow. Never would have thought of that. We are on the home straightaway. Four or us at 80 or above now, I was the last to join that group itch 87 yesterday.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Splish

When we were kids we used to play "cards" for pushups. You sit face-to-face on the floor on either side of the deck and deal cards off by twos into two stacks, one card in each stack. Each person does the number of pushups on the card. Faces are ten, aces are fifteen. If you deal a pair you do double the number shown.

I think there's 308 pushups in a deck, so you're gonna be feeling it tomorrow.

MrNamtor

Simon Cowell does hundreds of pushups a day and the results speak for themselves:

The Result of Hard Work

Simon Cowell does hundreds of pushups a day and the results speak for themselves:

A male model, he is not. 

MrNamtor

maybe not but you have to admit those moobs are pretty perky.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

I like the pattern of hair on his abs. Looks sharp

The Result of Hard Work

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete