2010 Goal of Sub 3:00 marathon (Read 8721 times)

My future track stars

Rob- Same reason I am not going to Boston.  Tough year.  I'm cringing when I seen Grandmas as one of your possible choices.  I've got my finger crossed for Bjorklund though.  Should know in a day or so.  That's my back up plan.  If that falls I might go to Fargo for the half.

Belated congratulations tooslow - fantastic effort.  As Dopple Bock says there is more to come from you, well done on the first one of 2010.

& nice half ksrunr, that sub three will be next.

Good luck this weekend Jordirio, I've just looked at the forecast for Sunday in Barcelona, 50-55 degrees & no rain - it looks perfect!

DoppleBock

Looks like I am going to be a scratch for Boston due to financial reasons. 

Formulating the back-up plan now.  Thinking  Fargo, but it may end up being Grandma's (do you think we actually might get decent weather?).

Green Bay

You might even make some money - Masters money.  I made $300 with only a 2:48 last year.  Its a fast course and they will give you free entry (at least)

http://www.cellcomgreenbaymarathon.com/race-info/race-details/elites

Masters Pays

1st 500

2nd 300

3rd 100

Last year 2:47 took the $500

May 16th should be much better weather than June

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

HermosaBoy

Green Bay

You might even make some money - Masters money.  I made $300 with only a 2:48 last year.  Its a fast course and they will give you free entry (at least)

http://www.cellcomgreenbaymarathon.com/race-info/race-details/elites

Masters Pays

1st 500

2nd 300

3rd 100

Last year 2:47 took the $500

May 16th should be much better weather than June

I was considering Green Bay.  I heard that the course has lots of turns and rolls a bit. 

Only reason I am leaning toward Fargo or Grandma's is that it is a much shorter drive.

However, based on your recommendation -- I may have to re-evaluate.  OK, sent in a request to see if they will comp me entry and hotel.  Greedy, aren't I?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

jordirio

Good luck this weekend Jordirio, I've just looked at the forecast for Sunday in Barcelona, 50-55 degrees & no rain - it looks perfect!

Thanks¡¡

I'll try my best

10km 38'19''

HM 1h22'07''

M 2h58'44'' 

DoppleBock

I was considering Green Bay.  I heard that the course has lots of turns and rolls a bit. 

Only reason I am leaning toward Fargo or Grandma's is that it is a much shorter drive.

However, based on your recommendation -- I may have to re-evaluate.  OK, sent in a request to see if they will comp me entry and hotel.  Greedy, aren't I?

If you do not get comped - let me know - I will talk with the RD - A great gun - loves his beer.

Although a few more turns - Grandmas has a lot of slow wide turns that running tangents means being on some heavy camber until you get to town.  It rolls less than or equal to Grandmas - I thought the comping and possibility of $$ might be of interest to you.

DoppleBock

Thanks¡¡

I'll try my best

There is no trying, this is your victory lap for all the hard training you have put in already - Just run smart - run smooth and smile.

HermosaBoy

I thought the comping and possibility of $$ might be of interest to you.

Definitely... 

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

jordirio

Barcelona Marathon Data

Number of runners

10km 38'19''

HM 1h22'07''

M 2h58'44'' 

Jordirio, I spent 3 days in Barcelona last summer on vacation.  We really enjoyed the city.  What a beautiiful city for running a marathon.

I ran once while we were there and got lost.

I'm looking forward to your successful report.  Good luck.

bhearn

I'm running Napa Valley tomorrow, but not going for sub-3; probably 3:10 - 3:15. I see Jim Howe is also signed up. What are you shooting for?

Anybody else?

have a good run bhearn

Go get 'em jordirio

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

I'm running Napa Valley tomorrow, but not going for sub-3; probably 3:10 - 3:15. I see Jim Howe is also signed up. What are you shooting for?

Anybody else?

Bob,

I had to back out of yet another marathon. I went to  a10-miler this morning, hoping I might be able to race it, but was prepared to run just to finish and insure that my club would have a full team. After mile one I knew it was no use trying to run fast and turned it into a brisk training run (~7:30 pace). This was still way more than I should have done.  I'm going to try mixing some days off with a few miles of easy jogging to see if I can clear up this chronic upper leg-groin problem I haven't been able to shake.  Not to worry, though. I've been pretty lucky the past few years and these little setbacks are just part of the game.

I see a very good chance for a positive surprise from you. I think you are going to like the Napa Valley course.

Have a great run. Jim

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                              Good luck to you too, jordirio. A very nice HM you ran 3 weeks ago should set you up for a great shot at sub-3 tomorrow. I like your chances!
                              Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                              jordirio

Good luck to you too, jordirio. A very nice HM you ran 3 weeks ago should set you up for a great shot at sub-3 tomorrow. I like your chances!

Today in Barcelona

2h58'44'' 

10km 38'19''

HM 1h22'07''

M 2h58'44''