Mac OS X (Read 808 times)

The map (pedometer) does not display on my son's Mac. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of moving to Mac myself next year. BTW, this is a fabulous web site. I have been a Run Log user for five years and this is the first web-based program I've seen that matches it for functionality. Is there any way to import Run Log data to Running AHEAD? Thanks. Tim T.
    eric :)

Hi Tim, I don't have a Mac to test and fix the google map right now. I'll try to get hold of one and see what I can do. Have you tried using Fire Fox for the Mac? If so, does it work? I can help you import your log. I'll send you an email and we can go from there. eric Smile

Tim, I sent you an email yesterday. I'm not sure if you received it. If you still want to import your log, please reply to my email, or contact me via the feedback form. eric Smile
        bas

Hi Eric, Good idea to try Firefox for Mac OS X. The maps works there! Now all I have to do is wait until Google Maps starts mapping The Netherlands. Smile BTW, the map in mapmyrun.com does work in Safari. Does that give you a clue? Bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Hi Eric, I received your email and responded directly. THe Firefox option is a good idea. I use it on my PC. I am all but crtian that I am switching to Mac in '06. I am just waiting for the Intel based notebooks to become available. Thanks again for a terrific web site. Tim

Imminent Catastrophe

The map still no workie on Safari, but does on Firefox. This is an Intel MacBook Pro. FYI.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

vicentefrijole

Yep, I don't have an Intel Mac, but I'm running OS10.4 and I've noted the same thing with the mapping tool (Safari = bad, Firefox = good). I think this is a general problem with Safari, as I've had problems with using Safari with other sites that use google maps also. Maybe Apple will fix it? It's a shame too, because Safari is a little faster and prettier (at least on my machine) than Firefox. However, the mapping tool on this site is so incredibly awesome that it's well worth switching to Firefox when I want to use it. Big grin
                  This site also works well (including mapping) in the web browser Camino on Macs. Camino is based on the same Mozilla technology as firefox, runs native on macs, is free, and has a similar feel to safari. So if you wanted another option for mac browsers try that out.
                  vicentefrijole

This site also works well (including mapping) in the web browser Camino on Macs. Camino is based on the same Mozilla technology as firefox, runs native on macs, is free, and has a similar feel to safari. So if you wanted another option for mac browsers try that out.
                    Thanks for the suggestion.. I'm always looking for new toys to play with.. especially free ones!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Prior to the mapping upgrade I could only get it to work well on Firefox (at least in the week or so since I joined). Now it works on both FF and Safari equally well (elevations even work in Safari, now), but no longer zooms in to my town when I enter the city name, state, and zip. I have to manually do it. No biggie, but it does take a bit more time. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prior to the mapping upgrade I could only get it to work well on Firefox (at least in the week or so since I joined). Now it works on both FF and Safari equally well (elevations even work in Safari, now), but no longer zooms in to my town when I enter the city name, state, and zip. I have to manually do it. No biggie, but it does take a bit more time.
                        There's a bug right now with the zip code not auto panning to your location. I'll have it fixed as soon as I can. Are you sure it works with Safari? I never tested against it so it would be nice that it works. eric Smile added: can someone else verify this? Thanks!
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There's a bug right now with the zip code not auto panning to your location. I'll have it fixed as soon as I can. Are you sure it works with Safari? I never tested against it so it would be nice that it works. eric Smile added: can someone else verify this? Thanks!
                          So far, so good. It did my elevation today...I can go back and look, but I'm pretty sure it's working the same in Safari as FF--and faster, too! I'm thrilled, because I use Safari probably 95% of the time. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, looks like it's all functional! AND I discovered that my rail trail is back--for some reason it wasn't showing up on the map for a few days, but it has returned (we have a few old railway track routes that have been paved and are GREAT to run on)!!! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

I've got it working with Safari now too.. great news!
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Weird, my rail trail is back, but a street that was showing in our neighborhood when the rail trails disappeared is now gone, again. I'm guessing that is a Google Maps issue... k

~ Sarah Kay