Who would you want to do a long run with? (Read 1035 times)

Along those same lines, I really dream of the day that my kid runs...at least I hope he will. He sure does have the physique and boundless energy (unless something drastically changes). Other than that...there are dozens of people from RA who I'd love to do a long run with. Many of them would have to promise to REALLY slow down so as not to put me in cardiac arrest, though.
    Yeah right - we all know who you really want to run with: Captain Tightpants! Evil grin
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah right - we all know who you really want to run with: Captain Tightpants! Evil grin
      Heh...among other things. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I got to listen to Dick Beardsley talk about running marathons and his life and would like to go on a long run with him just so I could ask a thousand questions. However he would have to slow down......way down......probably a brisk walk for him.
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Along those same lines, I really dream of the day that my kid runs...at least I hope he will. He sure does have the physique and boundless energy (unless something drastically changes). quote> The PROBLEM is that once your kid starts running, he/she will soon be faster than you and not want to go as slowly as you do! That's happened with my 16-year-old and my 10-year-old! The only solution I've found is to run on the Y treadmill next to my kid, and I can pretend we're running "together."
          RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Can I add Will Farrel and Barney from "How I met your mother?". I just think those two would have some awesome stories to tell along the way and just make great running partners. Yes I know Barney's real name is Doggie Howser Big grin
              2011 Goals:
              Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
              Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
            jeffdonahue

I got to listen to Dick Beardsley talk about running marathons and his life and would like to go on a long run with him just so I could ask a thousand questions. However he would have to slow down......way down......probably a brisk walk for him.
                That would be a great run....er, walk! I just went to see him Thursday. Very inspiring, upbeat and seems like an extremely down to earth guy. He's lived through some pretty wild stuff!
                  I'd like to run with a group of people from RA. That would be very cool. Well, as long as they agreed to run in short loops so that they would never be too far away from me. Yes

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

protoplasm72

I don't think I'd be much of a conversationalist after 10 miles so I'd probably pick someone I could be in sync with. I'd love to run with my brother but he's not that into it anymore. Can I choose Christopher Walken?
                    I couldn't keep up. That dude can move.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

xor

Heh. Christopher Walken would be a cool choice just to wait and see if, in real life, he suddenly breaks into "the speech". You know "the speech". Christopher Walken basically plays "Christopher Walken" in all his movies (except maybe Balls of Fury). And you know that at some point during the movie, he'll have some really entertaining rant about something. And you will find yourself wondering if the speech even makes a lick of sense. But ultimately you won't care because he's so damn entertaining with it. I wonder if he'd do this at M20. Some rant about Gu perhaps.

Imagine running with him at night. Shocked
                        xor

A few of you may want to run with Edgar Winter. If so, you *have* to run with him at night. Which kind of sucks. Brat, I realize you don't know who this chap is. Believe me, that's for the best.

*shudder* I bet his sideburns would create some serious wind resistance. p.s. - who is Edgar Winter?
                            xor

p.s. - who is Edgar Winter?
                              Why, he's Johnny Winter's brother. Duh. Come on, take a free ride! Free ride! He was a BAMF with the synthesizer. I'd list a lyric from Frankenstein. Cept there aren't any. Danh nah nanh nanh na nanh nanh naaaaa Danh nah nanh nanh na nanhhhh zee dooby dooby doo

he kind of looks like a woman without boobs. Big grin