Padding the Log (Read 1908 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yea, we miss you there zoomy. Come back, just check your insecurities at the door.
    Apparently the Swamp misses me more than I miss it (is the Swamp an "it?" Does the Swamp have gender? Huh...).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Ok, sounds good. I like mine toasted with butter. BTW, ever consider running the Grand Rapids Marathon? I'm hoping to do that this Fall--then I can meet the famous dude in pink if you should happen to come up this way. Smile
      I tangentially know the race director Don. I was signed up for it in 2006 and had to cancel, along with all my other races thanks to breast cancer, which sucks. I *almost* went last year. Dunno when I will make it. It is likely that I will come, though, even likely that I will come a few times. <tmi> Turns out that my real mother (the Hawai'ian one) is buried in Clarkston and I haven't visited her in many years. I need to. And I realize that GR isn't exactly near Clarkston, but it isn't too far, and I'm way more interested in that race than the alternatives.</tmi>

Why is it sideways?

Yea, we miss you there zoomy. Come back, just check your insecurities at the door.
        pRED. It was a good hill workout. Not a freaking license to drop bombs.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

srlopez usually makes contact, but on this occasion, he hit it out of the park. the shithead airforce. shart. dude.
          This sounds like a cue for Globule to enter the thread and comment about a recent (case of the) run(s).

~ Sarah Kay

xor

srlopez usually makes contact, but on this occasion, he hit it out of the park. the shithead airforce. shart. dude.
            Well, thanks. When Cream broke up, Ginger Baker put together a band called "Ginger Baker's Air Force" or something like that. I think "The Shithead Air Force" would be a fun name for some kind of organization.

Menace to Sobriety

Cuter than Ewan? No way...not even with that dorky tail thing and bad haircut.
              Its called a rat-tail. It was all the rage in the finer trailer parks about 10 years ago.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

pRED. It was a good hill workout. Not a freaking license to drop bombs.
                That has nothing at all to do with it bro. But thanks for the intervention. I am weak when typing on this internet with a buzz no doubt. Now it's five o'clock, and I should have been out the door an hour a go. Sheeesh. What to do?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Its called a rat-tail. It was all the rage in the finer trailer parks about 10 years ago.
                  I think it was more like 20...but I saw a woman with one maybe 5 years ago. Shocked the hell outta me. I wonder where she'd been hiding to think that was still a "good" look.

~ Sarah Kay

mikeymike

I think "The Shithead Air Force" would be a fun name for some kind of organization.
                    Why yes. Yes it would.

Runners run

xor

Why yes. Yes it would.
                      I'm not clicking that. I know where it goes. I smell a wumpus.

Why is it sideways?

That has nothing at all to do with it bro. But thanks for the intervention. I am weak when typing on this internet with a buzz no doubt. Now it's five o'clock, and I should have been out the door an hour a go. Sheeesh. What to do?
                        RUN. You ignorant redneck message-board shart.
                        xor

I think it was more like 20...but I saw a woman with one maybe 5 years ago. Shocked the hell outta me. I wonder where she'd been hiding to think that was still a "good" look.
                          I have a theory about this. Developed, in part, when I realized that my knowledge of music ended in the late 90s and nothing else will stick. I think many people get to a particular point in their lives and then 'freeze'. With some folks, men earlier than women... but more noticeable on some women because the hair is bigger and the clothing flashier... it has to do with hair styles and clothing choices. At some point, many folks just lock into a hair style and that's that. My mom's hair has been the same style since about 1985. Luckily, she switched from the wedge to that style before she froze, but still... This explains the continued existence of the mullet. And the rat tail. And Billy Mays' yelling.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have a theory about this. Developed, in part, when I realized that my knowledge of music ended in the late 90s and nothing else will stick. I think many people get to a particular point in their lives and then 'freeze'. With some folks, men earlier than women... but more noticeable on some women because the hair is bigger and the clothing flashier... it has to do with hair styles and clothing choices. At some point, many folks just lock into a hair style and that's that. My mom's hair has been the same style since about 1985. Luckily, she switched from the wedge to that style before she froze, but still... This explains the continued existence of the mullet. And the rat tail. And Billy Mays' yelling.
                            I think you are on to something. Perhaps I am there. I refuse to wear those tapered-leg mom jeans that are coming back into fashion. I hated them in the 80s. Low-rise, boot-cut may be so 2005, but I'm gonna keep wearin' 'em. My friggin' Trent-in-training calves don't fit in those tapered things. No

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

This sounds like a cue for Globule to enter the thread and comment about a recent (case of the) run(s).
                              Oh, you must be referring to earlier today.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

xor

I think you are on to something. Perhaps I am there. I refuse to wear those tapered-leg mom jeans that are coming back into fashion. I hated them in the 80s. Low-rise, boot-cut may be so 2005, but I'm gonna keep wearin' 'em. My friggin' Trent-in-training calves don't fit in those tapered things. No
                                Does this mean we're seeing the end of the hateful asscrack jeans period? I like me some nice tush. Me no like see butt crack.