2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

About those miles...we each have our own journey, right? The most I've ever run in a month is just under 35. So put me down for 50. This will be a HUGE accomplishment for me and looking forward to nailing it.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

2 miles for me this morning with wind chill temps at 7 below! So cool seeing yesterday's footprints still lingering in the snow. I've never run this many days in a row, nor come anywhere close to these temps. Feeling a little puffed up like I've crossed some imaginary runner's line. Smile

I know what you mean.  My previous streak was 4, but that included one day that was only .75 mile, so 9 days over 2 miles a day is huge.

Snow day today.  It wasn't nearly as bad out as I worried it would be--every school in our county closed, as did many neighboring ones.  Oh well.  One of the perks of being a teacher, so long as we don't burn through too many of them.

Now, if my seniors remember to finish reading their novel over the weekend like they are supposed to...

Oh, and I got a little over nine miles in.  A little snowy out there, with an ice coating under it.  First year with a winter-specific shoe (New Balance MT110W), and I love it.  Got to really test the waterproof part when I stepped into a pretty deep puddle.

Feeling good right now.  Marathon plan starts officially on Monday.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

Aw, damn.

This could happen to any of us. We can't always call our own shots. Take your vitamins, wash your hands, and get your flu shot folks!

Yeah, well, I'm a hand sanitizer/handwashing freak, and I take a multivitamin, and STILL...

Therefore, my tips for all who wish to remain healthy this winter:

1. Quarantine your children.

2. Avoid human contact. If you must interact with others, wear a HazMat suit, or at the very least a face mask that covers your nose and mouth.

j/k! I love people! Even the guy with the personal space issues who coughed RIGHT IN MY FACE last week at the bakery when I was trapped in a corner, cringing, and couldn't get any further away.

Carry on. Enjoy your runs.

Fanilow

No run for me today. Sad face.

Yesterday afternoon the outside bottom of my foot started hurting and by the end of the day the pain had traveled to my heel and it hurt so much that I had to walk on the ball of that foot.

When I got home I took ibuprofen and rolled my foot on a frozen bottle of water. This morning, it's not as painful but it still hurts.

Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

Christirei

Day 15 for me (started the weekend before Thanksgiving) and not only am I still streaking I am now in the "more miles than degrees club" too! doesn't happen all that often in for me, but today it was 6 degrees (wind chill of -5) and I ran 12 miles. When I got home my eyelashes had almost frozen shut and I was looking out of slits....but they thawed out pretty quickly

Joann Y

8 miles for me today and day 18. Halfway to beating my previous streak.

Evolving body parts

Day 15: 7+ miles.

Never been a streaker. My previous one was a meager 17 days. I think I got a shot at breaking it Smile

I always envied those doing it daily, but gosh, it's so easy to come up with excuses. I find that it does require a little different mindset - organizing your days around the run even a few days ahead. 

TJoseph

Day 14 for me.  Six miles.

Run Long, and Prosper!

6 miles today brings my streak to 13 days.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Runner100

-

8+ miles today on day 11, including a 10K PR and AG win.

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

Joann Y

Yes! Congrats!

Thanks! Smile

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Great job!

I didn't get in a long run today as I'm supposed to do on Saturdays, but I had a nice 6.5 mile run at 12F.  I was warmer when I finished than when I started! Smile