Best sites to backup your photos online? (Read 470 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Just wondering. I have a bajillion pics on my Mac, and although I'm really good about backing it up to an external drive, I'm looking for opinions on best sites to do this. I'm aware of sites like Flickr, Google Photo/Picasa, Smugnug, etc., but don't know much about them. I'm willing to pay, since most free sites have serious limitations on uploads, even if they claim to have unlimited capacity.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Lisa3.1

I use My Photoalbum MTA: We used their site for four years with no problems.

Prophet!

I like Google. You can export right out of Iphoto. I wonder how long it will take to upload a bajillion pictures.

I've been pretty happy with Flickr.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am a HUGE fan of Smugmug...in part because I was one of the early users and they grandfathered me in--unless things change I get to pay the same rate I always have for the package I have. The family that runs the site is super nice...great customer support (one of the guys e-mailed back and forth with me one day talking about Scottish heritage, Photography, Macs, etc.). I use Smugmug for hosting my business galleries, as well as all my personal stuff. Very easy to use and they are always adding awesome new features. I don't use half of the cool things offered. I have a coupon code if you'd like to save $5. Enter NUcRB7FZgY0r2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I like Fotki. It is 35 bucks a year, but it gives you unlimited storage space and lets you store the full size images. It doesn't resize them down to 640x480 or something like most online album sites (unless you want it to.) It also let's you organize your pics in folders just like you would on your computer and drill down into them. I store mine by year then by month, then create additional folders for something like a vacation or Christmas pictures. MTA: You can also order 4x6 prints of your pictures for 9 cents each.
                Image Event. For $24.95 a year you get 1500 megabytes of storage. I started using it when I was photographing my son's high school soccer season and never gave it up. You can make albums and folders and password protect them or allow anyone to view them. Another thing I like about is that all the photos are stored full size but you can re-size any of them for use on web pages, even thumbnails. Tom