Team Daddyo Gives Back (photo added) (Read 739 times)

Go Pre!

This past weekend, instead of racing (this being a week after our marathon) we were volunteers! We volunteered with a race promoter that we see quite often as they hold many events not too far outside Toronto. They are nice people so when we ran their St Patty's Day race, and she asked if we were coming to this one, we said no but would love to volunteer. We were lucky enough to be assigned the finish line. Little Cam handed out water bottles and Mrs and I removed timing chips. Then we helped out tidying up and watched the awards. It was a pretty small race and we would have iked there to be a bit more action but it was fun. We got Tech shirts and lunch and enjoyed being there even though it was tough to not be a part of the racing! Maybe we even made it into some photos, if so I will post them. MTA: By the way, the first woman in the 5k came in just over 16 minutes, with the first male a few seconds behind the her try desparately but not able to catch her.
      Thanks for volunteering, Daddyo. Volunteers don't get enough credit for the good they do at races. I think every runner oughta volunteer once in while. Make us appreciate them a bit more.
      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

Go Pre!

Thanks for volunteering, Daddyo. Volunteers don't get enough credit for the good they do at races. I think every runner oughta volunteer once in while. Make us appreciate them a bit more.
        It was actually enjoyable. I would like to do a water station late in a big half&marathon which I think we will do this autumn. There are sevaral half&marathons within a month around Toronto. One I will run, another we'll volunteer at. My daughter wanted to go today but she was feelling ill. One f the ones we will volunteer at this September will have about 30+ people we know running it so that will be cool. D
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Someday I hope to volunteer at a marathon down in Nashville.... Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

You have to run that one first...wear a helmet Wink
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You have to run that one first...wear a helmet Wink
              Hell. NO. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

By the way, the first woman in the 5k came in just over 16 minutes, with the first male a few seconds behind the her try desparately but not able to catch her.
                Holy speedy chick batman!

Go Pre!

Holy speedy chick batman!
                  It was awesome to see her beat that dude - she was coasting in, he was kicking hard. I imagine her PR is in the 15's for sure.

Go Pre!

I got shafted...not in any photos! DW Anita and little Cameron are shown here wearing their white race shirts provided.The other 2 finish line volunteers, were ironically also named Dave and Anita and also ran the Ottawa marathon last week - Small world!
                      I agree. Thanks for volunteering, Dave!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Go Pre!

I agree. Thanks for volunteering, Dave!
                        Did I mention it was brutally hard to see everyone lining up for the start...and none were me Black eye

Did I mention it was brutally hard to see everyone lining up for the start...and none were me Black eye
                          I've found that I enjoy volunteering just as much as I enjoy running. Good work.

Run to Win
                          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Another Passion

Ditto, dat. Way to give back, DaddyO and clan! Wink

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com