Nashville RA'ers (Read 1537 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Holy carp! Are you all OK?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anything we can do to help from afar?  Donations of money, clothing, toys?  Don't hesitate to ask.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Anything we can do to help from afar?  Donations of money, clothing, toys?  Don't hesitate to ask.

Send cheese.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Intentionally Blank

It's pretty bad out there.  Trent's house has been damaged by a landslide, although I think he is out of town.  Another friend has water up to the second floor of his house.  38,000 people are without power.

It's not so bad where I am, and I am tremendously grateful for that.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Holy carp! Are you all OK?

I am.  My family is.  My house may be a goner.

For real.

And it ain't clear whether it will be covered by insurance

MTA:

jfa

Hang in there Trent. I don't want to sound glib, but possessions are just that. They are things we borrow in life. Your family is safe and that's the main deal. You have a place to stay in NJ ,if you need it. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Why is it sideways?

Thunder's neighborhood is now flooding. A pic he just sent me:

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, just got off the phone with Thunder.  He is busy dealing with water.

Joe, thanks.  The possessions, agreed, they can go in the mud.  It is the cost of rebuilding the house that worries me.

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, just got off the phone with Thunder.  He is busy dealing with water.

Joe, thanks.  The possessions, agreed, they can go in the mud.  It is the cost of rebuilding the house that worries me.

Hope the insurance helps with that.  I really feel for you guys down there.  best of luck.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It is not yet clear whether any of this is covered by insurance.

More pics.  The leg pic, below, are the legs of a 2:51 marathoner, in one of the bedrooms.

Feeling the growl again

Aw hell, are they going to try and pull the flood plain card or something?  I knew someone in New Orleans who was fighting them for a couple years.  I hope this is straightforward for you.

It is not yet clear whether any of this is covered by insurance.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

A Saucy Wench

How are the girls holding up?  Have they seen the pics?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Girls have seen the pics and are scared and excited.  It is weird and awful and exciting all at once.

This one is just scary:

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Might FEMA be able to help, if your insurance can't/won't?  Gah, I am so sorry...I have been thinking about you guys all evening and feeling just terrible for what you have to deal with.  Those photos...wow.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wow.  Crap.  Yeah it's mostly just stuff -- except for the house of course -- but there's probably a lot of stuff in there that meant a lot to you and your family, which is now under two feet of sludge.  So sorry.  Good luck sorting it all out.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR