Garmin Forerunner 405 (Read 3619 times)

zoom-zoom: do a search for that kilt. it's available elsewhere, too. that's just a good price.

undue monkey

I'm holding out for the inevitable wi-fi version. Then Eric can figure out how to let us upload real time telemetry.
        Spec listing from Garmin's shop website: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142&pID=11039
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm holding out for the inevitable wi-fi version. Then Eric can figure out how to let us upload real time telemetry.
          I've often thought that would be a neat feature under race conditions--friends could "watch" our progress on race day! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

Not sure it will happen at least in the next couple of years due to the power requirements. I was very interested to see the battery life on this thing (2 weeks in stand by mode, 8 hours of recording). Might not work for the ultra marathoners out there. The 305 has a couple more hours of battery life at least by the specs.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I've often thought that would be a neat feature under race conditions--friends could "watch" our progress on race day! Big grin k
              My friend was in a sailing race from Florida to Mexico, and the race organizers set that up. Since the race lasted several days, it was really neat to follow her progress online. I could see how she was doing overall, and also just in her class. Of course, her boat came in dead last, but at least I knew she made it! She is as slow a sailor as I am a runner, lol - maybe that's why we get along so well. Teresa
                There are several makers. The camo Amerikilt was my first, but I think Utilikilt is the acknowledged leader/originator, if that matters. There are probably other makers now. As for a recommendation, my fave is the Utilikilt Survival. Was spendy -- most expensive garment I ever bought. But I wear it a lot. The side pockets can hold a sixer each, just in case, you know. And they come off for a streamlined look. I wore it to my 20th HS reunion and wear it virtually whenever I make a drive of, say, more than 2 hours (unless for work.) So comfy. Sometimes you'll see kilt guys at Irish festivals. Then you can try some on. For sporty, this can't be beat: http://www.travelcountry.com/shop/mountain-hardwear/mens-clothing-sale/mountain-hardwear-mountain-kilt-mens.html?RefId=29&RefType=Affiliate To return to the orginal thread, what does the footpod provide for the Garmin?
                I guess I'm glad I didnt get a 305 for Christmas...the 405 looks promising. As for the link above, you wear what you want man, but that's a khaki skirt. I can't see myself wearing that.

My Hero

I've got a 305 for sale, if anybody is interested... Clowning around
                  I may be. My 205 is drivin me nuts. Acting weird.
                  Sulli42

Check this out
                    As far as I can tell the 405 doesn't have anything on the 305 other than looks. I think I'll wait for the 505. I like my big red box just fine thank you.
                    Sulli42

I can't believe that didn't put a barometric altimeter in the 405, I thought that was the 305's biggest weakness.
                      mikeymike

As far as I can tell the 405 doesn't have anything on the 305 other than looks. I think I'll wait for the 505. I like my big red box just fine thank you.
                        The two week battery life in powersaver mode would be pretty sweet for traveling (and since I'm always forgetting to plug mine in) and the automatic wireless synching would be awesome since the most frustrating thing about using my 205 is trying to get it to synch when the little connectors get cruddy with sweat, etc. But really it's all about the looks. THat thing looks cool.

Runners run

Sulli42

Considering the price difference, $372 for the 405, $140 for the 305. I can forego looking cool for another year or two. Besides I'll take alot more than a good looking watch to help me look cool. I'm a lost cause. Cool

Dave

As best I can tell, the 405 is really for those who want a workout watch they can wear all the time. I'm sticking with my 305. My wife would kill me if I didn't wear the dress watch she bought me Wink Seriously though, no routes (not that I use them), no pace or distance alarms, smaller display screen. Wireless data stuff is interesting but you still have to plug it in to charge it right?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Considering the price difference, $372 for the 405, $140 for the 305. I can forego looking cool for another year or two. Besides I'll take alot more than a good looking watch to help me look cool. I'm a lost cause. Cool
                              Where are you guys getting the 305 for 140 ? I believe the $50 rebate related to that Powerbar.com newsletter that I read about somewhere else expired in November. Does anyone know of anywhere right now you can get it in the 140-160 range? I definitely would go for that over the 405 at $300+.