2015 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 689 times)

bhearn

7353. I'm in 1/8 off a 3:09:47 qualifier. Same corral as last year (iirc), but a higher bib # by several hundred (nope, went back and checked, wrong about that last part, bib # was higher last year)

Huh...

#3766 for me, 4th corral, off 2:59:48. About the same time got me 2nd corral in 2010.

... and last year I was 3676, slightly lower, but that was off 2:58:14.

So this is the first year in a long time that the times have *not* gotten faster. No doubt because last year was special.

xhristopher

Oh, and this year I've got the option to pace off bhearn whether he likes it or not.

bhearn

Have fun with that. This will be three weeks post goal 100 miler.

xhristopher

Have fun with that. This will be three weeks post goal 100 miler.

Oh, I have faith in you. Your log tells me you ran the Monkey in 3:25 just one week after a 100 miler. 3 weeks won't be a problem. Just put some MP running in your program and you are good to go.

#6473 in 1/7 off a 3:07.

Although I won't be running anywhere near a 3:07.  First Boston I want to enjoy and not punish myself too much.

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Y

722 - 1/1  woot.

mikeymike

If all goes as planned I should get passed by about 5,000 people in the first 20 miles ... and pass most of them back in the last 10k.

Runners run

runnershawn

I think wave 1 for this year's field is slower than last year. At least the qualifying times are slower.

Cutoff for my corral was a minute faster last year. Cutoff for the 9th corral (wave 1) was under 3:13. This year 3:13 gets you in the "9th."

#8094 for me, 2nd wave 1st corral, off of 3:11:17  last year's Boston .  So cutoff is under 3:11 or so.

Last 2 years I have been at back of wave1 and kinda sucked with not much running room for first 5 or so miles and mentally.  Be nice to be able to have own stride for awhile.  With a goal for under 3 hours wonder if we will catch a lot of the first wave and have to weave a bit.

2195 - 1/3.  I was hoping to pace off MikeyMike if he is going for a <2:50 but alas he is a coral ahead of me.

Number and waves are up on BAA.

3:12:22 got me wave 2 corral 1.

3:13:26 got me wave 2 corral 1 -

But I am unlikely to be at the start - just building back from 3 diff injuries - and am TRYING to be smart.

Ready, go.

Oh yeah... My bib# 8417 and 2/1.

I'm probably going to win the Marathon from there.

mikeymike

2195 - 1/3.  I was hoping to pace off MikeyMike if he is going for a <2:50 but alas he is a coral ahead of me.

I'll probably line up at the very back of corral 2, but I'm not going for sub 2:50 at Boston.

Runners run

northernman

Fight The Future

Glad I'm not the only one in wave 3, Jen, hope to talk to you there. A 3:32 got me in corral 3/2. Was thinking I could squeak into wave 2, but I now I see there will be 4 waves. Hope I'm done in time to make it to my flight back home.

C-R

10986 wave 2 corral 3.

Starting to get excited.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

flauta

Pulling up the rear in wave 2 / corral 7