ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

xor

Why is in no surprise that srlopez' hero is Dan-O riding an ostrich? Big grin
    Hippo sighting! Cmon, man... riding an ostrich seems cool based on that movie! Anyway, Dan-O (James MacArthur) was cool. Especially in Hawai'i.

A Saucy Wench

Using the basic shape of pudding as it appears in this thread, all I'll say is... huh. That was completely unintentional.
      Sure it was. I believe you.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Wow what an awesome thread! I wasn't able to take all 40(!) pages so my apologies if this has already been posted but pretty sure I found the Sportjester (i.e. Robert).... http://wweek.com/editorial/2807/2279/
        xor

Holy crap. For those of you not considering clicking that link.... you really should. It starts getting very interesting about 10 paragraphs in.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Whoa... Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

After a long correspondence, Vervloet traveled to Emmaus, Penn., last year to put on a cat-running clinic for Amby Burfoot, the editor of Runner's World magazine. Burfoot, the winner of the 1968 Boston Marathon, says none of his colleagues could replicate the 20-percent gains of in speed and efficiency that Vervloet promised, but he was impressed by Vervloet's passion.
              xor

Yes, but.
                After leaving Portland State University, Vervloet found work impersonating a woman for a Portland phone-sex service. "Somebody told me, 'You don't know what it's like being a woman,' so I thought I'd find out," he explains. "But the real women [at the service] didn't like me because I made more money than they did." Vervloet then sold sex toys and donned rubber gloves to swab out private viewing booths at Fantasy Video. "I got what I wanted out of the job," he says. "People say 'sex sells,' and I wanted to know why."
                Hoookay then.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

SJ's got some s'plainin' to do.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

That chunk I quote above? That just gets it going... it goes on and on from there. Tell me if this sounds familiar:
                    Part of Vervloet's problem may be that following his train of thought is sometimes like tracking Osama bin Laden's whereabouts. "What he's going to find is that as long as he makes references to racehorses, grasshoppers and fleas, he's going to have a very mixed reception in track and field," Veney says.
                    Inconceivable!

Roses Revenge

At Oregon State, for example, assistant zoology professor Thomas Roberts has put been putting turkeys on treadmills for years. There you go. I wonder how a turbaconducken would do on a treadmill?

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

De-slacking in progress

NO, I AM Sandy Snakenberg (see top of page 35 Big grin ) ALSO:

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Jazz hands!

I took a psych class in college, and I am here to tell you, dude has a complex.
                          run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Which is better for a running thread? A) Riding an ostrich upstairs B) Riding an ostrich backwards upstairs C) Riding an ostrich backwards up the Empire State Building D) Impersonating a women for a Portland phone sex service E) Selling sex toys at fantasy video F) Doing either D or E at the same time as A or B or C

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

And by the way, I read a page about psychotics on the Internet, and I'm here to tell you, the Internet is fucking nuts.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Scout7

This sumbitch has regrown legs like a gecko, and is making it past 45. VICTORY IS MINE!