ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

hey I'm interested in running as fast as Mikey. I'll take some tips. But I'm not sending in $99.95 though. And since I'm ~40 and over 200 pounds I'd say the odds of me running a 17:00 5k are not so good.

and then LO AND BEHOLD it turns out the answer to ALL THEIR PROBLEMS is Jesus! So pony up please.
      I thought the answer was a fool proof real estate system. Dammit. I'm out another $100.

Lazy idiot

no offense but you do have the screen name of "sportsjester" and you provide no information about yourself on the "about me".
        Before it was hidden, I clicked on it and his name is Madoff or something like that. I dunno...

Tick tock

xor

Never play pool with Jesus, though. He's ruthless. And a sore loser. Edited to add: well, I guess it depends on "Jesus==answer" is because he's the proposed solution, or because he's the cause. Believe me, do not under any circumstances shoot pool agin him. (content removed because it sucked)

MrH

Never play pool with Jesus, though. He's ruthless. And a sore loser.
            Pool? How about water polo? Roll eyes

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

mikeymike

hey I'm interested in running as fast as Mikey. I'll take some tips. But I'm not sending in $99.95 though. And since I'm ~40 and over 200 pounds I'd say the odds of me running a 17:00 5k are not so good.
              Doug I'm running a special. Call within the next 20 minutes--because we can't do this all day--and pay only $49.99 plus S&H. And I'll throw in a handy booklight. Just be careful out there. With all the running I do I practically live in the emergency room...oh, wait, I've never been to the emergency room, nevermind that part.

Runners run

Lazy idiot

Doug I'm running a special. Call within the next 20 minutes--because we can't do this all day--and pay only $49.99 plus S&H. And I'll throw in a handy booklight.
                This is tempting. You should change your username to snuggiesnug

Tick tock

Alright, we'll I suppose I was an idiot for thinking those were serious questions; the odd, almost accusatory tone should have been a bug, flashing warning sign. Funny, too that this guy seems to have the answers to his own questions...... I think this guy seems a lot like somebody named Richard99 or something like that on coolrunning, it was utterly pointless to discuss a damn thing with him - he either ignored your point completly or came up with the most bogus crap.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

MrH

I think this guy seems a lot like somebody named Richard99 or something like that on coolrunning, it was utterly pointless to discuss a damn thing with him - he either ignored your point completly or came up with the most bogus crap.
                    What kind of dumb name is Richard99?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

xor

I think this guy seems a lot like somebody named Richard99 or something like that on coolrunning, it was utterly pointless to discuss a damn thing with him - he either ignored your point completly or came up with the most bogus crap.
                      Uncle Richard showed up here for a little while too, but thankfully vanished. He never stays gone forever, though. I should start a pool on this, but I think sj is someone else with a similar-yet-different style.

xor

What kind of dumb name is Richard99?
                        Well, many folks just took to calling him Dick or Uncle Dick. When he showed up here, I think he put different numbers after the Richard. But no matter how many iterations he goes with, he's always Richard. BTW, we're totally whacking the hornet's nest and calling Candyman three times by bringing him up, especially in a negative light. He thrives on that. Edited to add: of course, "63" makes Richard a DAMN COOL DUDE. (heh. sorry)

When he showed up here, I think he put different numbers after the Richard.
                          like... oh I don't know... 63? Smile

xor

like... oh I don't know... 63? Smile
                            Yeah, I missed that. As always, I'm an idiot. (edited to add: Smile. I'm being self-deprecating, not snarky. I *am* an idiot most of the time) But I will lay cash money down that neither sj nor R63 is R99.

Scout7

I can beat Mikey's price. You can sign up for my book on CHIA Running. Makes you faster and less injury-prone. I've coached record-breaking athletes, too.

Lazy idiot

I can beat Mikey's price. You can sign up for my book on CHIA Running. Makes you faster and less injury-prone. I've coached record-breaking athletes, too.
                                I'm going to buy from you both, and double my speed.

Tick tock