Cheesiest singer or group you secretly like (Read 999 times)

My legs are killing me

We all have a band or group that everyone is afraid to admit they like. Mine would be "The Carpenters". What's yours?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Carpenters aren't cheesy...Karen had a gorgeous voice (altos rule!). Hmmm...I just plain love broadway musicals. And I have way too much bubblegum pop on my iTunes.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mishka-old log

My Chemical Romance Blush I'm at least 15 years too old for them, but their first album was suprisingly good.
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Neil Diamond. My parents were in their 20's during Diamond's 1970's heyday, but no one ever said that my parents were cool. Whatever it was, it rubbed off on me. Although I don't own any of his music, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Wayne Newton in Vegas. It doesn't get much cheesier than that. Many years of playing it pit orchestras for crappy community musicals have imbued me with a love/hate relationship with musicals. Meaning, I love them when they're done well, and hate them when they suck.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

For me, not so much one singer/group, but a genre - Hair metal has always been a closet love for me.

Think Whirled Peas

We all have a band or group that everyone is afraid to admit they like. Mine would be "The Carpenters". What's yours?
              Please understand, that before I answer this I need to qualify my preferences normally [read: I'm stalling]. Tool, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc. as well as Metallica, Megadeath, Pantera etc. are my typical listening preferences. I've also recently re-discovered Jazz as a genre I enjoy listening to... Ahem. George Michaels. There, I said it. "Faith" is a great album and I listen to it more often than I'd care to admit. *hangs head in shame*

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

George Michaels. There, I said it. "Faith" is a great album and I listen to it more often than I'd care to admit.
                I don't care for a lot of his stuff. but Faith is excellent.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

Please understand, that before I answer this I need to qualify my preferences normally [read: I'm stalling]. Tool, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc. as well as Metallica, Megadeath, Pantera etc. are my typical listening preferences. I've also recently re-discovered Jazz as a genre I enjoy listening to... Ahem. George Michaels.
                  I think the word for your taste is "eclectic." Metallica, Pantera ... and George Michael. That's hilarious. ------------------------ The Carpenters define cheesy. If you don't think they're cheesy, well ... Neil Diamond, however, is not cheesy. Neil Diamond rocks the house.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Seeing how nobody on this board knows me, no family or friends here, I will admit I have the "Partridge Familys greatest hits" on my IPOD. Just remember the show was on tv win I was a kid. You can all admit it too "I Think I love You" and I Woke Up In Love This Morning" and really get you moving. Everything else is more in the line of Pearl Jam, Puddle of Mud, Alice in Chains, and Stone Temple Pilots. I hope the other groups redeem me.
                    Mishka-old log

Seeing how nobody on this board knows me, no family or friends here, I will admit I have the "Partridge Familys greatest hits" on my IPOD. Just remember the show was on tv win I was a kid. You can all admit it too "I Think I love You" and I Woke Up In Love This Morning" and really get you moving.
                      Well that pretty much wraps up this thread.
                        wait a minute....the MONKEES....Take the last train to Clarkston and I'll meet you at 4:30.... those guys rocked....
                        JakeKnight

Seeing how nobody on this board knows me, no family or friends here, I will admit I have the "Partridge Familys greatest hits" on my IPOD.
                          You win. Game over. Everybody can go home now. Move along. Nothing left to see here. I'm feeling much better about my Meat Loaf fetish.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

Meat Loaf is WAY more talented than he gets credit for. Read a great biography about him.
                              There are 2 particularly embarrassing albums on my Ipod: The Best of Air Supply and Buffy the Vampire Slayer the Musical. I love Neil Diamond and am not afraid to admit it! I have seen him twice in concert-front row! Big grin

My legs are killing me

How about Rupert Holmes the "Pina Colata" song. That guy has the cheese thing going on but everyone loves that song.