Cheesiest singer or group you secretly like (Read 999 times)

Life is Good

John Denver I am and will forever be a fan! but most think...Dork! and his t.v specials...nothing but cheese Big grin

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The best Christmas album EVER is the Muppets Christmas one with John Denver. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Nobody here in CO admits they like John Denver, but whenever he gets played on the jukebox at the bar all of a sudden everyone knows all the words to "rocky mtn high" Interesting side fact (you can impress people at random trivia)- at his official memorial in Aspen, the lyrics to rocky mountain high have been changed posthumously to remove any potential drug references.

My legs are killing me

Nobody here in CO admits they like John Denver, but whenever he gets played on the jukebox at the bar all of a sudden everyone knows all the words to "rocky mtn high" Interesting side fact (you can impress people at random trivia)- at his official memorial in Aspen, the lyrics to rocky mountain high have been changed posthumously to remove any potential drug references.
          I think his mother cut his hair. That was a cheesey do.

Life is Good

Interesting side fact (you can impress people at random trivia)- at his official memorial in Aspen, the lyrics to rocky mountain high have been changed posthumously to remove any potential drug references.
            Funny... I never thought of that song as a song about Drug references..To hear Old John Tell it, it's about seeing a meteor shower while camping in the Rockies..and I believed it...sheeeesh thanks for the info! Big grin

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

Warrior dash 2012

Life is Good

Two more Cheesy artist that I was lucky to hear on my XM 70's radio today: Shaun Cassidy - Dah Do Run Run Leif Garrett- I was made for Dancing I loved them both..when I was 12 Tongue

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

Warrior dash 2012

Cheese may be in the eye of the beholder, but there is a range. Say, Velveeta to Humboldt Fog or a Monte Enebro, maybe. If he is a cheese, John Denver definitely is definitely NOT at the "processed" end of things. Now, that crappy madefortvmovie about him was cheesy.

Life is Good

Well I do have to agree with the movie thing...It could have been better just seemed like they rushed in..and threw it together to get make a dollar on his death. and his hey day was in the 70's a cheesy time Black eye he is not the cheesiest around... Clowning around

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

Warrior dash 2012

Lisa3.1

the B-52s
                    JakeKnight

Just bumping this thread because its title has less than 47,000 words in it. Also to say that the B-52's are not cheesy. Their cheesy is intentional, thus ironic, thus it doesn't count. They're cool cheesy, not dork cheesy. Not Hasselhoff cheesy. And nobody has come close to the Partridge Family yet.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

Funny... I never thought of that song as a song about Drug references..To hear Old John Tell it, it's about seeing a meteor shower while camping in the Rockies..and I believed it...sheeeesh thanks for the info! Big grin
                        Here's the source- New park sanitizes Denver’s lyrics ASPEN – If you want an authoritative guide to the lyrics and life of the late singer John Denver, who died 10 years ago this month in a plane crash, don’t go to the park bearing his name in his adopted hometown of Aspen. The Aspen Times says the lyrics etched into stone obelisks at the riverside park were bowdlerized. The last verse of his signature “Rocky Mountain High” included the line “Friends around the campfire and everybody’s high.” But it’s not on the rock. Another song, “Poems, Prayers and Promises,” had a line about “my friends and my old lady sit and pass a pipe around.” Not in the park. There, it’s “my friends and my old lady sit and watch the sun go down.” The creators of the park said they consulted the family for lyrics, but his brother, Ron Deutschendorf, said he wasn’t consulted – and he’s sure John Denver would have been unhappy. “He’d be pissed like I’m pissed. It’s just not right.” The newspaper says that it tried to contact Denver’s ex-wife, Annie Denver, but was unable to reach her.
                        Lisa3.1

Just bumping this thread because its title has less than 47,000 words in it. Also to say that the B-52's are not cheesy. Their cheesy is intentional, thus ironic, thus it doesn't count. They're cool cheesy, not dork cheesy. Not Hasselhoff cheesy. And nobody has come close to the Partridge Family yet.
                          You're right, it's not.
                            Okay, I don't think that I can compete with the Partridge Family, but I have a playlist devoted entirely to classic country. The cheesiest on there would have to include Tammy Wynette, Rodger Miller, Crystal Gale, Kitty Wells, and of course drum roll please....... Hank Williams Sr. By the way, If we are still discussing one-hit-wonders, Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai released in 1996.

Kings Canyon NP 07'

Cindy Lauper - Wow, to be one with wreslters and the goonies at the same time.

left-right-left-right-repeat

Life is Good

Here's the source- New park sanitizes Denver’s lyrics ASPEN – If you want an authoritative guide to the lyrics and life of the late singer John Denver, who died 10 years ago this month in a plane crash, don’t go to the park bearing his name in his adopted hometown of Aspen. The Aspen Times says the lyrics etched into stone obelisks at the riverside park were bowdlerized. The last verse of his signature “Rocky Mountain High” included the line “Friends around the campfire and everybody’s high.” But it’s not on the rock. Another song, “Poems, Prayers and Promises,” had a line about “my friends and my old lady sit and pass a pipe around.” Not in the park. There, it’s “my friends and my old lady sit and watch the sun go down.” The creators of the park said they consulted the family for lyrics, but his brother, Ron Deutschendorf, said he wasn’t consulted – and he’s sure John Denver would have been unhappy. “He’d be pissed like I’m pissed. It’s just not right.” The newspaper says that it tried to contact Denver’s ex-wife, Annie Denver, but was unable to reach her.
                                Now thats just wrong! sensor a fine up standing nerd of a guy like John Denver like that. I would hate to see what they would do with an Eminem or Tom Petty song... somethings are sacred and shouldn't be messed with! thanks for the info I found it very interesting... hey are you really still buried out there?

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

Warrior dash 2012