Whey Protein (Read 1520 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I just told my hubby this and he said "what an asshole."

*cracking up*  Smile <--

So...how difficult is it to make cheese?  Where do you buy rennet?  I don't think it ever occurred to me that I could make my own cheese.  I've made my own yogurt, but it's easy to use existing yogurt for starter.

For pete's sake, you're from Wisconsin, aren't you?  (Not that I've ever made cheese, but my wife has made tofu, and my dad used to make yogurt.)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I am bored with "Pollan speake" and people that have become agricultural experts from watching a movie..........

Last movie I saw was Harry Potter 7b.  Good flick, but I am not sure it had much agricultural content.  Was there some other movie I was supposed to watch?

I'm also not sure what a discussion about using whey protein as exercise fuel versus eating whole foods has to do with agriculture, but apparently, I did not see the movie.  Then again, they don't teach much agriculture in the medical degree-granting school I went to, so I guess that means I don't know much about biology.  Or something.

mikeymike

Last movie I saw was Harry Potter 7b.  Good flick, but I am not sure it had much agricultural content.  Was there some other movie I was supposed to watch?

I'm also not sure what a discussion about using whey protein as exercise fuel versus eating whole foods has to do with agriculture, but apparently, I did not see the movie.  Then again, they don't teach much agriculture in the medical degree-granting school I went to, so I guess that means I don't know much about biology.  Or something.

Hey that was the last movie I saw too...in IMAX 3D. It was awesome! I bought some beer from a brewer/farmer recently in Vermont, so if you have any agriculture questions, let me know, Trent.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

For pete's sake, you're from Wisconsin, aren't you?  (Not that I've ever made cheese, but my wife has made tofu, and my dad used to make yogurt.)

I am, so I never had the urge to make it growing up, since I could get awesome cheese anywhere...but I can't get fresh, squeaky cheddar curds easily here in MI.  But if I made my own... Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I am, so I never had the urge to make it growing up, since I could get awesome cheese anywhere...but I can't get fresh, squeaky cheddar curds easily here in MI.  But if I made my own... Big grin

I bet it would be awesome, but I'm getting lazy in my old age as to the time things take - especially the cleanup.  Trent, may we come to your house?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I once bought beer in Wisconsin.  That's how I know how to make cheese. 

localoutoftowner

I have no idea what this means.

That was sarcasm.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I still don't know what it means.  Unless you were implying that because I read a book by a fellow named Michael Pollan that I, therefore, know nothing about agriculture, which wholly disqualifies me from discussing nutrition and biology.  Cuz that I would understand.

Mmmmm.  Peach compote on pop tarts and whey biscuits!

localoutoftowner

My comment is somewhat late and from about 4 pages ago.

I'm not saying anything disqualifies you from discussing nutrition. I believe this is what we are doing.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm not saying anything disqualifies you from discussing nutrition. I believe this is what we are doing.

No, apparently what I am doing is saying that I am an agricultural expert solely because I once read a book by Micael Pollan (I mean really, why would I need any other knowledge?) and therefore qualified to critique the entire complex system of American agriculture, and based on that qualification, can also comment on anything else in an informed way.  Yep.  That's what I'm saying.

Or maybe it is this: because I once read that book and because I happen to like its points about nutrition and biology, that makes me wholly unable to talk about the slightly related but orthogonal field of agriculture because any knowledge I might have had from any number of other sources no longer has any value and only the Pollan speake I now have has value.  And so even if I mention Pollan to discuss whey protein or some other nutritional topic, somehow I am simultaneously pretending that I am an expert in the complex system of Amercian agriculture, which I never could really be because I read that book.

Or something.

I'm not sure I understand that either.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

No, apparently what I am doing is saying that I am an agricultural expert solely because I once read a book by Micael Pollan and therefore qualified to critique the entire system of American agriculture, and based on that qualification, can also comment on anything else in an informed way.

If you can get your word rate per sentence up to 180, that will be ideal.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Only if he doesn't move his arms while doing it.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

localoutoftowner

Lol

@Trent: You lost me, man.

Queen of 3rd Place

No, apparently what I am doing is saying that I am an agricultural expert solely because I once read a book by Micael Pollan (I mean really, why would I need any other knowledge?) and therefore qualified to critique the entire complex system of American agriculture, and based on that qualification, can also comment on anything else in an informed way.  Yep.  That's what I'm saying.

Trent, localoutoftowner wasn't the person who made the movie comment!

Ex runner

Queen of 3rd Place

Bah, how do you have a meal in august without squash in it.  24 squash a week in my CSA basket.  I froze 4 containers of roasted squash last week to use in spag sauce when the tomatoes ripen (usually around the end of september)

Squash fritters. Squash casserole. Baked stuffed squash. Squash gratin. Squash on pizza; in spaghetti sauce. Sauteed squash....etcetcetc

yep, I'm with ya there, and that's just from the yard, not the 24/week you're getting!

Ex runner