My MT10 are reaching 500 miles (Read 55 times)

Black-Toe-Nailed

I am going out for an 8 miler today. My MT10 show 492 miles, this means that after today's run they will reach the magical cipher of 500 miles.

It is a well known fact that we should never ever use our shoes beyond that mileage. We have to believe the shoe manufacturers and running magazines: They would never lie to us, why would they?

Now I am afraid, really afraid: What will happen if I miscalculate my run and do 8.1 mile instead? will I get leg cancer? will my shoes explode? will the planet be hit by an asteroid?

NOTE: Joking, of course. I don't throw away a perfectly good pair of shoes until the sole has holes in it.LOL 

--

"If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years,
    then will power is no longer a problem. It's raining? That doesn't matter.
    I am tired? That's besides the point. It's simply that I just have to."

Emil Zatopek

Half Fanatic #846

I hope you see this before it's too late.

I always carry a newer pair of shoes with me whenever I'm about to "cross the magical threshhold"; either that, or plan my run to end just under 500.  It's the main reason I need a Garmin.  Wink

MTA: That's when I wear shoes of course. It's even more confusing when I'm barefoot.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

My MR00's have 800+ on them right now.  I've pretty much worn my legs down to stubs.

Don't do it.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

My Brooks Addiction 7's have 2540 miles.  My Brooks Adrenaline ASR5's have 2510 miles.  I must be all crippled up, it's just that my body keeps forgetting to tell me.  So I keep running.  Painlessly.

Don't do this.  If everybody did this, it would put the running shoe companies out of business.  Then we would have to buy our shoes at Walmart.  The choice would be Running Shoes: Small, Medium, Large.  We would have no reason to own a whole row of running shoes.  It would upset the balance of the world and end life as we know it.